Re: HP 2011x Monitor (410 Views)
Occasional Contributor
hp-fangirl
Message 1 of 3 (465 Views)

HP 2011x Monitor

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I have an Acer Aspire X3470 Desktop Windows 7 64-bit. (AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon HD Graphics)

The computer came with an AMD VISION Engine Control Center..

I just put this new monitor in last night. 

Device Manager lists this as: HP 2011 Series Wide LCD Monitor. Location:

On AMD Radon HD 6530D.

I know Windows update came with a driver but what I see listed is:

First: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\monitor.sys

then underneath:
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\HP_201.icm

on top of the vision control center. 

The Resolution is at 1600x900 recommended!

I am going a little blind here today..

and I need to know if I should uninstall the control center or how

to turn down the display..??? Anything!

Thanks.

HP-fangirl

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 2 of 3 (446 Views)

Re: HP 2011x Monitor

If your resolution is 1600x900, your screen is at the default recommended resolution. If the print is too small for you and you need a smaller resolution, you can set the screen to a smaller resolution by going to the Display control panel.

Go to Start Menu > Control Panel. In the upper-right corner of the Control Panel window, where it says "View by:" select "Large Icons" if it's not already selected. Now open "Display".

To adjust scaling: From this screen, select "Medium" or "Large" and click Apply. Note that some programs, however, may not be properly designed for content scaling and may have visual issues at any size aside 100%. The upside is, however, that you maintain using the optimal 1600x900 screen resolution, providing best fidelity of picture.

To adjust resolution: On the left hand side, click "Adjust Resolution" and you can adjust the resolution from there to a lower resolution. The downside to resolution scaling is slight loss of picture fidelity and overall workspace size shrinking, but the upside is that almost any program can scale resolution with no visual problems.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
Occasional Contributor
hp-fangirl
Message 3 of 3 (410 Views)

Re: HP 2011x Monitor

[ Edited ]

Hi.

Please excuse the wait.

Doing a restore back to factory settings seems to have helped.

Q: Is it normal for a PC with the  AMD Vision Control Center to reject the HP Monitor Driver?

I have also been experiencing another issue with this Monitor which I will make a new post about.

Thank you for all you help.

HP-fangirl

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.