Display Port to DVI Converter and Performance Issues (Adobe Reader) (252 Views)
Occasional Visitor
danmcguire12
Message 1 of 1 (252 Views)

Display Port to DVI Converter and Performance Issues (Adobe Reader)

Hi,

I have an issue with a couple users with very specific (Same) configurations.   We have an HP Compaq 6200, which we have set up dual monitors on.  We are using a Display Port to DVI adapter for the DVI monitor and running a VGA monitor to the VGA port on the PC, as there is no DVI port available on that model PC.

What I have come across is some moderate to severe performance issues with certain applications, specifically, Adobe Reader.  It has very serious lag issues when filling in forms, tabing through, typing, printing, etc...  I've tried every version of Adobe Reader to no avail.  Also, I've attempted every 'fix' I've seen on the internet with regards to Adobe performance issues.  The only solution I've come up with, outside of running only one monitor, is to run Foxit.  Strangely enough, Foxit runs great, but it is not the solution I'm looking for.  I need to make Adobe Reader function optimally. 

I strongly suspect that the issue may lie with the Display Port Adapter itself on the HP PC.  Unfortunately, I've seen no Display Port adapter drivers/updates available for this model of PC.   I've updated the BIOS on the PC, and the video adapter is current.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or experienced anything similar?  Something to try?  If anyone is actually doing the same thing I am....

Thanks!

Dan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.