Re: 2311x monitor won't go to sleep (1095 Views)
Occasional Visitor
raakis-
Message 1 of 5 (1,127 Views)

2311x monitor won't go to sleep

Hi!

I got two monitors attached to my 8460p dock. When I detach my computer from the dock my monitors display text 'Monitor Going to Sleep' and then the power indicator turns orange, but then monitors turn back on displaying the same text and they repeat this ad infinitum. Any solutions?

Honored Contributor
V. Nyga
Message 2 of 5 (1,112 Views)

Re: 2311x monitor won't go to sleep

Switch off docking station and/or monitor.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Occasional Visitor
raakis-
Message 3 of 5 (1,097 Views)

I've been doing that (switching of monitors), but the reason I'm asking that my colleague keeps his monitors attached to the dock and they go sleep after powering of the laptop or detaching it from the dock. He has older 23xLED monitors, so could there be a little difference in behaviour? It's not a big deal to switch them off, but it still bugs me because the monitors aren't working properly.

Honored Contributor
V. Nyga
Message 4 of 5 (1,095 Views)

Hi,

you could try to install the driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4296902

But maybe the docking station is not 'sleepy' enough for the monitor ...

Of course you could contact HP directly to clarify this.

HTH

V.

*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Occasional Visitor
xjqz
Message 5 of 5 (341 Views)

There are currently (at least) three threads in the forums with this question.  I am going to post my solution in all three, since those are the top 3 search results for this issue.

I have two 2311x monitors hooked up to my computer, one of which would display this behavior and one which would not, so I started going through all of the settings to see which ones were different.  I finally found it in the advanced display settings.  

In Windows: Right-click on the Desktop, and select Screen resolution.  Select your monitor in the top box, and click Advanced settings.  Go to the Monitor tab and check your Screen refresh rate.  In my case, the monitor that would go to sleep properly had this set to 60 Hertz, where the one that would not sleep was set to 59 Hertz.  I changed this setting to 60Hz (to match the monitor's refresh rate), put the computer to sleep, and both monitors went straight to sleep within seconds.

If it's too late to help the original poster, I hope this can help someone else in the future.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.