What are the common mistakes people do make in mobile application development projects? (932 Views)
Occasional Visitor
abigailscotty
Message 1 of 1 (932 Views)

What are the common mistakes people do make in mobile application development projects?

I think there are loads and loads of mobile app design mistakes that developers make while developing an iPhone,
Android or Windows app. I want to know the common ones which can be simply avoided before start.

Let's discuss here are a few which you can avoid when developing an any mobile app.

May be we can get along all possible combination of different platforms including

1) iOS as its the most preferred platform when it comes to mobile application design and development.

2) There are millions of iPhone and iPad users today who use these devices to surf the web and communicate with
people across the world so we can include devices here also along with what things to consider for developing each device app with top notch quality.

3) If I can consider few points like if we do provider forms for suscription.. it should not be lengthy in terms of steps. lengthy Mobile App Subscription Forms - Annoying sometimes..

4) Second I would consider to have over-detailed tutorials - It is always advisable to let the users explore your app rather than you providing them early and detailed explanations about the functionalities of your application.

5) I guess one of the biggest mobile app design mistakes that developers make is failing to upgrade laptop apps with required mobile compatibilities. I mean you should remember that laptops and mobile devices are two different products and their functionalities are also different.

Therefore, just making minimal alterations in a laptop version of your application wouldn’t be enough. Instead, you would need to spend dedicated time on brainstorming and developing a mobile application design that meets 100% mobile browsing compatibilities.

Now its your turn!
Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.