Re: Memory Low on LaserJet Pro 400 M475dn (8051 Views)
Occasional Visitor
RIGCOMAccess
Message 1 of 6 (8,068 Views)
Accepted Solution

Memory Low on LaserJet Pro 400 M475dn

[ Edited ]

Hi I've been getting an error message on the printer saying Memory Low whenever I try to print PDF's and then it cancels the printing job, I don't get any errors when printing pages documents or emails and have previously been able to print PDF's without any errors.

I'm running OS X 10.8.4 and I believe that the connection is hardwired LAN 

Any help would be appreciated

Anastazia

P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Macintosh-Compatible Products - HP Fourm Moderator

HP Pro
Askme
Message 2 of 6 (8,051 Views)

Re: Memory Low on LaserJet Pro 400 M475dn

Hello Anastazia,

As you have mentioned that you were earlier able to print PDF files successfully, so the first point which I think is if you are printing any complex jobs now or if the error is found only with certain files or certain pages in the file.

Try to simplify the print job if it is actually too complex for the device to process.  If a particular page or few pages are containing complex images or graphics then you may try to print those pages separate from the other pages.  Other way to simplify job could be printing pages in small page groups (group of 5, 10, 15 pages depending on total number of pages in the job & error frequency/symptoms).

Other basic steps you may perform are: 

1) Upgrading product firmware (if product is using older firmware) using following HP web link (applicable for MAC OS)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

2) Upgrade printer drivers with full software solution available at following HP web link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

Hope this helps!

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Occasional Visitor
RIGCOMAccess
Message 3 of 6 (8,035 Views)

Thanks for your help!

The PDF that I was trying to print was only one page so I wasnt sure how to simplify it but I ended up making it a Jpeg and it printed fine!

Never would have thought to do that!

Occasional Visitor
doctordon
Message 4 of 6 (7,987 Views)

You could add the additional memory module as I did. There are fully compatible ones available online much less expensive than OE.

Don

Occasional Visitor
neocodesoftware
Message 5 of 6 (2,805 Views)

Re: Memory Low on LaserJet Pro 400 M475dn - REAL SOLUTION

The real solution:

Print the PDF with Adobe Reader NOT with Apple Preview.

The out of memory errors are caused by Preview.

A complex document prints fine on Windows 8 with Adobe Reader but Failed on Mac OS X 10.9 with Apple Preview.

Using Adobe Reader on Mac OS X FIXED the problem.

Occasional Visitor
RlsMarkt
Message 6 of 6 (1,615 Views)

I try to print the same picture from desktop (which came out ok )   and from Iphoto ( came out with terrible lines ) 

right after   i saw the memory low  and had to reset the printer ....

Why ?   Iphoto doeas not print ok ?

Why   a picture can not be printed and have low memory ? 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.