Mac OS 10.9.1 and HP designjet 500 problems (303 Views)
Occasional Visitor
nancygaye
Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

Mac OS 10.9.1 and HP designjet 500 problems

[ Edited ]

I just got a new iMac running OS 10.9.1. When I print to the HP designjet 500, the files print 3" or so smaller than the original file. I just installed the lastest driver and it's still wrong. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Designjet to Macintosh-Compatible Products. -Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
altoids
Message 2 of 4 (250 Views)

Re: Mac OS 10.9.1 and HP designjet 500 problems

Same problem.   If we send a pdf at 100% to the HP laser printer, epson, desktop printer, etc, they all prints at the correct scale.  If sent to the DJ500, it is out of scale by about 8%.

We are an architect office, and suddenly all our plans print out of scale.  This is a horrible, costly error, caused by the 10.9 DJ500 update.  Other have reported the same problem on Apple boards. 

It seems worse when we use a custom paper size, which we have to as the rotate to fit option doesn't work.

I found  the version 27 (date march 10 2014, or 5 days into the future) on the HP support website but no better.

HP, can you please post the 10.8 driver, until you fix the 10.9 driver? Someone removed the 10.8 driver, so I cannot even load the previous working version.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
altoids
Message 3 of 4 (242 Views)

I just removed and reloaded the 10.9 driver.  No better.  Printing with auto rotate on" ARCH C" paper size will print at the correct scale, but the paper size is wrong, cutting the sheet at 22", not 24".  It also clips the drawing. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Bozymoto
Message 4 of 4 (89 Views)

Was this ever resolved for you? I'm going through he same nightmare. $5K worth of hardware that is incapable of printing a standard drawing to scale. I can't even open a pdf file in preview, print it at 100%, and expect it to print even close to scale.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation