Mac 10.9 - LaserJet MFP M177 - Scan to PDF (262 Views)
Occasional Contributor
johnswhitaker
Message 1 of 6 (262 Views)

Mac 10.9 - LaserJet MFP M177 - Scan to PDF

Yesterday I bought a new HP MFP.

The install software includes a new scan utility.

I installed the software in my iMac.

When I scan a doc the scan appears perfect in the utility window, but when I try to save the file, any file format, the right hald of the doc is cut off and the left half is stretched to fill the 8.5 X 11 page.

The file prints perfectly and if I save it, via the Mac print dialogue, it saves perfectly.

I installed the software on an older MacbookPro, also running Maverick, the scan utility works perfectly.

I have removed and reinstalled the software in the iMac 6 times now.

Any suggestions on fixing this problem??

Thanks,
John

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
tb1234
Message 2 of 6 (219 Views)

Re: Mac 10.9 - LaserJet MFP M177 - Scan to PDF

I had the same problem - I downloaded and installed the latest software from HP, and the problem went away.

I think it's a pity there's so little control of the scanning process - is there any way to alter the resolution or to de-screen?

Epson's scanning software seems a bit more sophisticated.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
tb1234
Message 3 of 6 (215 Views)

I found it - by default all the options are hidden. The drop-down once you've hit "Scan..." allows for resolution etc.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Helen-H
Message 4 of 6 (178 Views)

Hi. I review your post and another post on he same topic. Could you please help answer several questions below for us to do troubleshooting?

1. Can this issue be reproduced every time? How about scan and save with different pattern?
2. How did you connect your printer, wired, wireless or USB?

3.Since issue happend with HP software. Did you tried it with Mac scan utility without install HP software under Wireless connection: Printers & Scanner-add a AirPrint Driver-Scan

4. How did you you feed the document? ADF or Flatbed?

5. How much dpi do you choose? How about size of this file? Is there enough space to save it? 
Thank you.

I'm HP employee.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Helen-H
Message 5 of 6 (144 Views)

If you scan from "HP Scan" Utility, you can change the settings from the small arrow button on the right and Presets after you clisk the scan button.

If you scan from " System Preferences- Printers&Scanners", choose the printer and click scan button, then open scanner, you can change the settings from the right of the viewer.

Hope this can help.

I'm HP employee.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
FretnBoutNutn
Message 6 of 6 (32 Views)

Hi John,

Sorry you're having troubles with your new printer.  Since the release of OS X v10.9, there are have been issues observed on Macs - with certain graphics cards only.  The scanned image appears fine in the HP Scan software, but the saved image is corrupted.

Apple has recently released an OS X v10.9.2 update that fixes this problem for a large number of scenarios, but there are still some cases where issues remain.  Until we can get all of the issues resolved here are some suggestions:

• Make sure that you’ve obtained the latest software updates from Apple Software Update (via Mac App Store).
  • Stay up-to-date with your HP software by visiting support.hp.com
  • Lower scan resolution.  The issues are much more prevalent when scanning at greater than 300 dpi.
  • Scan in color rather than Black & White or Grayscale.  Color scans tend not to be affected to the extent observed for non-color scans.
  • Use “Image Capture” rather than “HP Scan”.  Apple’s Image Capture scan application seems not affected by the current issues.

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" 

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation