Re: MSM410 Firmware update - where to download (4285 Views)
Occasional Contributor
thomas beer
Message 1 of 4 (4,285 Views)

MSM410 Firmware update - where to download

sorry for my noob question. We are running 5 msm410 .. some of them with firmware 5.3.1 and others with 5.2.6

maybe i m to stupid .. but i cant find the firmware image (5.3.1) to download on the procurve website to update the msm410 with 5.2.6
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Shadow13
Message 2 of 4 (4,285 Views)

Re: MSM410 Firmware update - where to download

the firmware for the MSM products is free for only 1 year and also this only includes Maintenance Releases
(Defect Fixes)
, for you reqeust since you want to update from 5.2.6 to 5.3.1, this is considered Update release and is not for free.//

Kindly check the below link
http://www.procurve.com/customercare/support/software/index.htm
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
thomas beer
Message 3 of 4 (4,285 Views)

thanks for your reply!
but you dont need a service subscription for e.g. AP530 firmware downloads. The stupid thing is that 3 of them where shipped with the new firmware and 2 with the old one....
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fred!
Message 4 of 4 (4,285 Views)

I suggest you check with your reseller. Some resellers are making stocks of products and therefore you can end up in a situation like yours having different versions.

I can't believe they can't arrange you something to upgrade all your products to the same SW. You should be entitled with the latest/current 5.3.x SW considering you bought them at the same time. Shout very loud if needed! :)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation