"Event Matching Error: IN Event left without an OUT Event at the end of Recording" in Recording Log (1176 Views)
Occasional Contributor
saratest
Message 1 of 7 (1,176 Views)

"Event Matching Error: IN Event left without an OUT Event at the end of Recording" in Recording Log

I got the below error message in Recording log while generate script on Vugen 11.5(licensed one) with HTTP/HTML protocol,

"Event Matching Error: IN Event left without an OUT Event at the end of Recording"

Ques:- How to identify which function is left without ending it

Ques: Is there any soln. for this issue?

Trusted Contributor
Oded_Keret
Message 2 of 7 (1,149 Views)

Re: "Event Matching Error: IN Event left without an OUT Event at the end of Recording" in

Hello,

This error message usually indicates that some TCP packets were missing from the recording.

This could happen, for example, if recording was stopped before all the responses were received,
or if mobile protocol script is generated from a .pcap file that has some missing packets due to incomplete sniffing.

This error message means that the relevant action step will not be created, so there will be no indication towards such a step in the log.

I hope this information is helpful.

Oded Keret
Occasional Visitor
chilglord
Message 3 of 7 (1,122 Views)

Re: "Event Matching Error: IN Event left without an OUT Event at the end of Recording" in

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I had this issue with an Hot Spot thought Connectify-me (no outbound communication was recorder by Mongoose or WireStark). With MS Virtual Mini Port, it worked well.

Regards,

chilglord

Trusted Contributor
Oded_Keret
Message 4 of 7 (1,115 Views)

A workaround that will create the missing steps in mobile protocol is described on our documentation, under VuGEn -> Protocols -> Mobile Protocols -> Mobile App (HTTP/HTML) -> How to create a script by analyzing traffic for mobile applications.

As the documentation specifies:

"Go to regedit and add a DWORD key to the below location:

Location: Software\\Mercury Interactive\\LoadRunner\\Protocols\\HTTP\\Analyzer\
Key: AllowAutomaticOutApiEvents = 1"

This ability was added in LoadRunner 11.51.

The complete solution in this case is to make sure no packets are missed during the sniffing process, as described in chilglord's post.

Oded Keret
Occasional Visitor
Gentri
Message 5 of 7 (918 Views)

Oded,

I just recently installed the LR 11.52 patch and I am currently seeing a similar issue.  I am using the Mobile Recording HTTP/HTML Proxy recording in attempt to generate a script.  This is to no avail as the error below is shown.  I followed the tip above which you provided for editing the registry file to 'AllowAutomaticApiOutEvents=1'.  Afterwards, I exited and restarted VuGen.  The issue is still present.  I went further to narrow the sript down to something as simple as user logs in (1) and user logs out (2) in hopes to troubleshoot.  I am not sure why LR proxy recording notes that packets are dropped and even more, not sure how to ensure that packets will not get dropped.  Ideas?

"Event Matching Error: Detected OUT event without a matching IN event Event Matching Error: Detected OUT event without a matching IN event Warning: One or more responses is missing or has missing packets. A step may appear to be missing in the script. Check if recording was stopped before all responses have finished. If script is generated from a .pcap file, check if file has missing packets."

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Sivak
Message 6 of 7 (587 Views)

Hi, I am Getting This Error , After recording has been completed, with SAP-WEB Protocal.

as  you said , this may due to The TCp Packets are not loading Correctly , But i have tried 5 time where the net is so fast and i am waiting enough time  between two transactions,

So kindly help me for this error.

i am working on SAP Appliocation.

HP Expert
GalShadeck
Message 7 of 7 (442 Views)

Incidentally, the configuration change described in this thread can now (starting from LoadRunner 11.52) be made via the Recording Options dialog:

MissingResponses.png

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.