not able to record the java windows application (636 Views)
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 9 (636 Views)

not able to record the java windows application

Hi All,

Iam trying to record the windows Java based application using LR11.52.

I tried to analyse the application using protocol adviser, but getting the error "Failed to create the java virtual machine" and some times "unable to find application path" error also coming.

Please help if any one come accross this issue.

Esteemed Contributor
Message 2 of 9 (617 Views)

Re: not able to record the java windows application

Hi,

Have your installed Java JDK version 1.6 or later (please macke sure it is version 32 bit ) on Vugen machine?

Regards,

Chau Nguyen

If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Occasional Advisor
Message 3 of 9 (606 Views)

Hi,

I checked the java version its 1.7 and the 32 bit OS.

Can u please suggest further???

Esteemed Contributor
Message 4 of 9 (598 Views)

Hi,

Did you install Java Runtime Environment - JRE or Java Development Kit JDK?

Please make sure that you install JDK, not JRE. You can check it in Program Files and Feature.

And please check in Environment Variables, does Java path exist in a variable name Path.

Could you please share a screenshot of your issue?

Thanks and Regards, 

Chau Nguyen

If you find this or or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Occasional Advisor
Message 5 of 9 (587 Views)

Hi All,

As i want to do performance testing of sharefolder which we need to open with an windows application.

could you please suggest which protocol we need use in loadrunner or suitable tool to do performance testing of sharefolder performance.

Thanks

Occasional Collector
Message 6 of 9 (169 Views)

Past one month i was facing a Problem in my project regarding Load runner Load testing.Hope i will get the answer from you.

We have a requirement to load test a Java Applet based Desktop Application using HP Load runner.for this initially i was trying to create a scripts with Load runner free user licence.paid version i will get from the client.

The Desktop application is Based on the Java Applet.
We have a HP Load runner 12.1 Free 50 users Licence.(We will get the paid version later)
When i try to record the script in load runner with Protocols java Record Replay and Java Over http, The script is not generating.

I have tried with Many different sample applications and used protocol adviser in Load runner and searched many forums regarding this problem.

But still i didnt get any answer. Please help to solve this problem. Please suggest me to how to do the load testing with load runner for desktop application using java Protocol.

Occasional Contributor
Message 7 of 9 (162 Views)

Hi,

Can you tell us how exactly is your client communicating with the server? To record using Loadrunner, you need to have this information handy to select the appropriate protocol.

Occasional Collector
Message 8 of 9 (151 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I think through API. have you done any java windows application already. we tried doing with sample java application also but the code is not generated

Does LR(free 50 Vuser license) supports the java applet based  windows application using java record replay, java vuser, java over http?

Occasional Collector
Message 9 of 9 (103 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi to all,

I found an solution for the LR with java record and replay , we still have the version issue with LR and JAVA

Solution: Kindly deversion your  latest java to java 6 . This works for me and i can now able to record the sample package application in the LR12.01.

Ref: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Forum/LR-11-Issues-with-Recording-A-Java-Applet/td-p... 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.