Re: how data dependent scripts work? (111 Views)
Occasional Contributor
satishh107
Message 1 of 5 (140 Views)

how data dependent scripts work?

Hi,

plse explain me wht are the setting we need to take care if any also any possible error that we could encounter, while executing data dependant scripts in Vgen.?

Can we use the data once it is run ?

Thanks,

SRB

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Editus
Message 2 of 5 (118 Views)

Re: how data dependent scripts work?

Hello 

not sure if I am understanding, you may need to clarify, but if I am getting this questions correctly, you can accomplish this parametrizing the unique data and configure it to be unique.

regards

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 3 of 5 (111 Views)

Hi,

If the question is wrt volatile / depletable data, note that LR tests actually do update the application status of the data.

So in principle, this data will not be re-usable.

I have seen many approaches for these, the most foolproof of which is a DB level snapshot of the test data in the required state. Once the test is run, and the data is depleted, the backup is restored and presto, the same data can be re used.

Of course the above is subject to feasibility, and other factors also matter, like how the database would change in the future, and hence how the data backup becomes irrelevant etc.

Regards,

AJ

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
satishh107
Message 4 of 5 (98 Views)

thanks for your time
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
satishh107
Message 5 of 5 (98 Views)

thanx for your reply
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation