Re: error failed to compile virtual user (195 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Mark Harbour
Message 1 of 9 (255 Views)

error failed to compile virtual user

I get this error when trying to run a test using .net protocol. This error only shows up when I try to inject a Load Generator other than the controller.  This script works when using the controller as the Load Generator. The script resides on the Controller.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 2 of 9 (222 Views)

Re: error failed to compile virtual user

.Net framework installed on the LG?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Mark Harbour
Message 3 of 9 (200 Views)

Yep sure is. 3.5 still but it is installed.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 4 of 9 (195 Views)

If when you recorded the script a lot of events got recorded it may have needed filters, but if there was more to that error you may want to check for warnings as well when you try to compile it may tell you what the issue is.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
AnandSinghal
Message 5 of 9 (194 Views)

Hi,

Even i am facing the same issue. i am able to run the .net script on vugen and when i try to run it on Performance center i am getting the error. I check for .net framework on LG and it is available.

Please let me know if you get the solution.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Ajay_U
Message 6 of 9 (187 Views)

if you have Vugen on controller machine, just do a compilation from VUgen and see how it's behaving. If you get any error from VUgen also then few files might be missed while moving the script to the controller.

On performance center front i am not very sure.

Thanks, Ajay

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Mark Harbour
Message 7 of 9 (168 Views)

Yes I have VuGen on LG Same version same patch level. The script compiles and runs flawlessly on the LG when running through VuGen. But when running test scenario the LG will not compile the script.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Mark Harbour
Message 8 of 9 (160 Views)

Anand and Ajay I have resolved the issue. If I copy the entire script directory over to the Agent service temp directory netdir (this is where the scenario will try to copy the script files when running a test.  It appears that s lot of the dll's and associated files were not getting copied correctly when running a test. After manually copying the files the script compiled and ran fine.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
AnandSinghal
Message 9 of 9 (143 Views)

Mark, Thanks for your reply. I am using ALM(PC). As you suggested i checked for the Temp path on the LG. But i am not sure where exactly we need to copy the script.

Here is the temp path i found C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Temp. Please let me know if this is the path or any other.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation