Web correlation question, is it possible to retrieve a value? ... (115 Views)
Regular Advisor
Speedmaster
Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

Web correlation question, is it possible to retrieve a value? ...

I have some values I know need to be correlated. When I look through the code gen log it appears that the value is first referenced, first returned, in the same step that first uses it?!

My first thought is that this simply can't be the case. But now I wonder.

The first time it's used is actually in the EXTRARES section of that submission. Is it possible that the main submission does indeed retrieve that result, and then it turns around and uses it immediatelly in arguments to some JavaScript?

Here's an example of what I mean below. is it posible that this step is the proper/first place to retrieve "abcd-12345-efgh-67890"?

Thanks,

Chris

##############################

web_url("SomeActivity.aspx",
        "URL=http://someplace.com/SomeActivity.aspx?muid={c_muid_1}",
        "TargetFrame=",
        "Resource=0",
        "RecContentType=text/html",
        "Referer=SomeUrl",
        "Snapshot=t24.inf",
        "Mode=HTML",
        EXTRARES,
//        "Url=../scripts/TabManager.js?ver=2.0.0.3202", "Referer=somereferrer.aspx?wid=abcd-12345-efgh-67890&muid={c_muid_1}", ENDITEM,
//        "Url=../Images/MemberStripe/TopLeftCorner.png", "Referer=somereferrer.aspx?wid=abcd-12345-efgh-67890&muid={c_muid_1}", ENDITEM,
//        ENDITEM,
        LAST);       

Frequent Advisor
ssawale
Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)

Re: Web correlation question, is it possible to retrieve a value? ...

Its not necessary values are generated on server side and client recieives in response. You can ask developers to find out how this value is generated i.e. async call or purely client generated and inject that logic to generate the value on client side so that it can be used in future requests.

Thanks!

Sanjay

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.