Re: Vuser Scripting and Analysis reports formats (418 Views)
Collector
GuillaumeDrolet
Message 1 of 6 (455 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vuser Scripting and Analysis reports formats

[ Edited ]

Hello

I have automated loadrunner to monitor each hour a website and create html reports of the tests.

Now I'd like to save the results on a database and I was wondering what were my options.

I really doubt highly such a thing is possible but I was wondering if it was possible to modify the vuser script to directly take the data collected when it is running and save it in a database.

I'd also like to know if, aside HTML, Word Document and Crystal Reports, there are anhy other possibilities for saving the analysis reports.

Right now, the option I'm thinking of is saving the results in a file with loadrunner controller or in a html report and parse the data in the file then save them into a database.

Please use plain text.
Collector
GuillaumeDrolet
Message 2 of 6 (446 Views)

Re: Vuser Scripting and Analysis reports formats

[ Edited ]

I found out that Controller has the option of saving in text files.

Is it possible to save the data in a custom text file? for instance in a CSV file format. Because I would like to periodically import the data into a SQL Server using SQL server integration services.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Oliver Lloyd
Message 3 of 6 (437 Views)

It's entirely possible to have a script connect to a database and write all sorts of things. Just google 'mysql loadrunner'.

You might want to review your requirements though, are you trying to simply monitor a site to see how it performs over time? Is this a script to monitor a live system? There are far, far better (and easier) ways to do stuff like this than use a load testing framework.

Oliver
Please use plain text.
Collector
GuillaumeDrolet
Message 4 of 6 (422 Views)

The problem is, I must use a msSQL db. Does it only support connection on MySQL?

Yeah, I wasn't the one who chose to use Loadrunner as a tool for testing the website. Basically I'm pretty much stuck with it and I've got to deal with that... When I first was first told about how test were done, I did think that loadtunner wasn't designed to do this.

Just by curiosity, what would you recommend me to use for monitoring a website?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Oliver Lloyd
Message 5 of 6 (418 Views)

No, doesn't have to be mySQL, but why not? It's free and works.

Tools to monitor websites? I would guess that this is perhaps one of the most prolific types of software there is! There are so many tools to do this it's ridiculous. You've got free ones, epensive ones, SaaS ones, custom ones, quick ones, simple ones, advanced ones, integrated ones...far too many to name. If you are using LR to do this then I would suggest one of the quick, simple tools will more than meet your needs, You could find the worst, most rubbish monitoring tool on the market and it would be better than using LoadRunner!

Note. One tool (I forget which one it is) uses VUGen scripts, so if you already have these setup then that's a pretty nice bonus. It'll be one of the HP offerings.

Oliver
Please use plain text.
Collector
GuillaumeDrolet
Message 6 of 6 (409 Views)

Oh, I have nothing agaisnt MySql.

Well, thanks a lot for your help! It was very useful.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation