Re: Vugen recording issue - Website's security certificate error(Solved) (26188 Views)
Valued Contributor
Deb_1
Message 1 of 27 (26,922 Views)

Vugen recording issue - Website's security certificate error

Hi,
I could not get around this, but why I am getting the security certificate error while Vugen recording - HTML/WEB Protocol - LR 9.5, IE7?And the blocked contents notification on below IE 7 tool bar - To help protect your security, IE has blocked this web site from displaying content with security certificate error. Click here for options ..,
Most annoying thing is while doing same thing manually (same web page, same machine and IE7), not getting this error!! I know there is some certification issue with the web page (which is going to live in few days), but that will be fixed once it is in prod. 
But wondering why I am getting this while vugen recording but not manually? Also I can not ask project team to install a valid certificate because I am getting error only thru Vugen.
Anybody has any idea how to by pass this while recording? Can't get anything from LR recording options  I just do not want it tho my script re-run fine (some sort) but it creates two web_url steps (for right click to see view blocked contents) and hell I can't even see the server responses in tree view .. LR can't show me page view, server response .. silly 
Please let me know your suggestions 
Cheers
Deb  

Thanks
Deb
Trusted Contributor
Oliver Lloyd
Message 2 of 27 (26,920 Views)

Re: Vugen recording issue - Website's security certificate error

My guess: you set an exception in your browser so you no longer see the message but vugen always starts from fresh.

But anyway, this is irrellevent to server request/response traffic - it's client side.

To make the world a cleaner better best practice kind of place you could ask for a global self-signed cert. accross all test servers. This won't cost the Earth and solves tne IE blocks me problem. But if you can still record your requests and playback if unaffected, and you are only interested in server responses, then you can safely ignore this issue.

Oliver
Advisor
kumarandp
Message 3 of 27 (26,656 Views)

Hi,

Could you please inform how you overcome this, I am also facing the same problem.

Regards,

kumaran dp

Occasional Contributor
SPyneni
Message 4 of 27 (26,559 Views)

Friends,

I am also facing the same issue. Please let me know how to resolve it.

Thanks in Advance

Warm Regards

Siva

Advisor
kumarandp
Message 5 of 27 (26,556 Views)

HI Solved this problem by reinstalling the Ie version from 8 to 7 and recorded the application with vugen 11. It got fixed my problem.

REgards,

kumaran dp

Occasional Visitor
vv_reddy
Message 6 of 27 (26,504 Views)

Re: Vugen recording issue - Website's security certificate error(Solved)

I am using Load Runner 11 and Windows Vista . I had this same problem and finally found a solution after spedning 3 days on it.

Solution that worked for me.

Go to Recording Options.On this window, select "Port Mapping" which is available under Network option

Now click on "Options" button which is available at the bottom right corner of Network > Port Mapping.

Another window called "Advanced Port Mapping Settings" will be displayed. On this window, uncheck the check box(default is checked) corresponding to "Enable auto SSL detection".Click Update button.

Now click OK button on Recording Options window.

Try to record script now and it should work with out any errors and no more website security certificate error.

Occasional Visitor
bmullins
Message 7 of 27 (26,462 Views)

The instruction to uncheck the checkbox selection for 'Enable auto SSL detection' under the Recording Options / Port Mapping / Options fixed this problem for me as well. I am using LoadRunner 9.52 and VuGen 9.52 with IE8 record enablement patch installed and now successfully recording via IE8. Thanks for the great info!

Occasional Advisor
Mirkeya
Message 8 of 27 (26,395 Views)

I'm also experiencing the same problem with IE8, LR11 (patch 4), & Win 2003 SP2.  I made the changes to the port option and it didn't work. 

After disabling the option, I don't get the certificate error however Vugen is not recording any events.  Have anyone found another solution to overcome this problem?

Is this related to the new patch? Or is it a known issue in IE8?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Occasional Advisor
jaybglg
Message 9 of 27 (26,297 Views)

the uncheck auto detect SSL worked for us.  we are using loadrunner 11.03 with IE 9.  on machines with IE 8 we did not have this issue.

Occasional Advisor
thick client testing
Message 10 of 27 (26,188 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using http-sap protocol and I follow the same procedure but tool is unable to generate the script  but the events are recorded by the tool can you please tell me what oprtion should I use. I am using LR 9.52

Thanks

Akshat

Advisor
vprasadreddyk
Message 11 of 27 (25,764 Views)

HI Raghavendra,

I am trying to generate the script using web(HTTP/html) & Flex protocals.But events not recorded when i tried to record..but it's working properly 2 days back. Please let me know the solution to solve this problem.

if open application by manually it's opening properly with out any issues.

Regards,

PRasad

Occasional Advisor
Anil Kumar Kota
Message 12 of 27 (24,971 Views)

The Disable option is worked, but when we do this even those the events count is increasing during recording, when we complete record and stop it is not generating any code. this is happening for the applications startng with https://

any idea how to slove this problme?

Anil

Frequent Advisor
JürgenHe
Message 13 of 27 (24,966 Views)

hi,

in my case with that error in LR 9.52 helps applying KM1039040

Best Regards, Jürgen

Occasional Visitor
SuryaC
Message 14 of 27 (24,766 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We are facing the similar issue and request to share the fix if it is resolved for you. We are using LR 11.03 and IE 8. 

We get a blank popup to choose digital certificates and this popup comes only when we record through Vugen component and not through manual process.

Also, we are encountering this issue with HTTPS protocol and not with HTTP. We tried to uncheck "Enable auto SSL detection" setting in Advance Port Mapping Settings, and now the popup does not come but the script does not capture any events after recording. Need urgent help in this regard and your response is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Surya

Frequent Advisor
JürgenHe
Message 15 of 27 (24,663 Views)

try this

* open the registry (regedit)
* go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\Protocols\WPlus\SSL\OpenSSL
* change OpenClientCertificateDialog from 1 to 0

Visitor
ChrisRunner
Message 16 of 27 (24,440 Views)

am having the exact same problem,  have tried several changes on the Port Maping with no success. Other options suggested have not solved the problem, either vugen do not record any requests or there is no access to the site depending on which option you tried...still looking for options.

We have tried on LR 11.00 Win7 IE8 and works well there, unlike the other 2 machines  with WServer 08 and XP with LR 11.04 and 11.5...

Occasional Visitor
WillettJ
Message 17 of 27 (24,284 Views)

Have you tried changing the capture level?

Recording Options > Port Mapping > Capture Level - try changing this to 'WinInet level'

this worked for me to resolve the issue....

Visitor
johnleetran
Message 18 of 27 (20,758 Views)

Try this...

1.  Click on start recording

2.  on the pop up dialog click on options

3.  from the recording options dialog go to Network->Port Mapping

4.  Select Socket Level and WinNet Level data

5.  click options on the bottom right

6.  uncheck the Enable auto SSL detection

7.  update

8.  OK

Occasional Visitor
Tevenits
Message 19 of 27 (20,142 Views)

Unchecking auto detect ssl and unchecking wininet will allow you to get past the recording problem in many cases. The problem is when you want to playback the recording and run a performance test. With the wininet box unchecked, you cannot multi-thread, you cannot do ip spoofing, and these problems will cause the test to fail in the Controller with many other odd errors. The wininet being unchecked basically allows you to bypass the SSL/TLS handshake that is very important during negotiation.

One solution is to important a *.P12 soft cert into an IE Browser, export it and include the key and the full path all the way up to the root which results in a *,pfx format. The using OPENSSL, converting the *.pfx to a *.pem format, and use the appropriate web_set_certificate_ex command. The bottom line is you want to make sure the applications site has the full path from cert to intermediate authority to the root.

Occasional Visitor
jordanpomeroy
Message 20 of 27 (18,542 Views)

As you say, we have problems with playback.  At one point, tThe web app is loading from a different URL and we get an SSL Protocol Error...

What cert do you need to import?  Can you elaborate a little more on how this works?  Thanks in advance.

Occasional Visitor
wilberfreetown
Message 21 of 27 (17,490 Views)

I am currently experiencing the same problem.

I am using LR 11.0 IE 9

Also the application I am trying to access is running with Sandbox; I think that is the main reason I am not able to have access. Since Sandbox limits how other program interacts with the host application.

I need help.

Thanks!

Occasional Visitor
wilberfreetown
Message 22 of 27 (17,487 Views)

Thank You

Occasional Visitor
gm0606
Message 23 of 27 (11,296 Views)

Thanks a lot, the tweak in 'Port Mapping' worked.

Occasional Visitor
techfreeek
Message 24 of 27 (11,048 Views)

Try this...

1. Click on start recording

2. on the pop up dialog click on options

3. from the recording options dialog go to Network->Port Mapping

4. Select Socket Level and WinNet Level data

5. click options on the bottom right

6. uncheck the Enable auto SSL detection

7. update

8. OK

Thanks John! it worked
Occasional Visitor
Boo12
Message 25 of 27 (3,064 Views)

Hi,

Can some one please let me know solution for this ?

Facing the same issues whihc Surya has mentioned above..

Not able to record it is popping for a digital certificate and when i disable the SSL setting also the events are not loading not script is being genereated.

Thanks

SuryaC wrote:

Hi,

We are facing the similar issue and request to share the fix if it is resolved for you. We are using LR 11.03 and IE 8. 

We get a blank popup to choose digital certificates and this popup comes only when we record through Vugen component and not through manual process.

Also, we are encountering this issue with HTTPS protocol and not with HTTP. We tried to uncheck "Enable auto SSL detection" setting in Advance Port Mapping Settings, and now the popup does not come but the script does not capture any events after recording. Need urgent help in this regard and your response is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Surya

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.