Vugen 11.04 does not captures any events(except for login) for actions performed in an ALM (187 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Prasanna_1234
Message 1 of 6 (187 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vugen 11.04 does not captures any events(except for login) for actions performed in an ALM

I am using vugen 11.04, tried recording an ALM application, the vugen captures events for login page after that for any actions performed under ALM it does captures any events.

Protocol used was http/html..

I have tried with win32 as well....for this it shows event captured to 17 for login...once I stop the recording I dont see any requests in vugen,...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Prasanna_1234
Message 2 of 6 (183 Views)

Re: Vugen 11.04 does not captures any events(except for login) for actions performed in an ALM

I meant to say for any actions performed under ALM it does not captures any events.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 3 of 6 (155 Views)

Re: Vugen 11.04 does not captures any events(except for login) for actions performed in an ALM

Hi, 

Please check the following enhancement request:

Vugen fails to record events after we login to the project when recording against ALM client on Win 7 machine

https://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1J62143

If you are recording ALM client on Win 7 machine try to record on a machine using different operating system or by using LoadRunner 12. 

Kind regards, 

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 4 of 6 (136 Views)

Did you want to load test ALM? Did you know there is a benchmarking kit available from HP for this purpose?

Raise a support case and ask for the HP ALM benchmarking kit.

Regards,

Arun John

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Prasanna_1234
Message 5 of 6 (123 Views)

Thanks for the updates, we are not benchmarking ALM but our client has done few more tweaks on the ALM...need to load test only on the new updates....However, now LR captures events in the script in win xp OS and using win32 app type option....
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Prasanna_123
Message 6 of 6 (52 Views)

Now a new issue, we have updated LR 11.04 to LR 12 as suggested above to work on win 7 OS.

Browser: IE8.0

LR Version: LR12.0

Protocol: web http/html

We tried recordng the business process, but the request getting captured on for Login transactions and not in other business process transaction.

Please suggest

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation