VuGen 11.5 record on batch file on 64-bit workstation (1962 Views)
Occasional Advisor
hysmith
Message 1 of 8 (1,962 Views)

VuGen 11.5 record on batch file on 64-bit workstation

On LR 11.0 we were able to record against a Java app by recording against the batch file that launched the app.  We've installed 11.5 on new 64 bit workstations and when we try to launch against the same batch file we get an error that reads "Unable to determine bit capacity" and the Record button is greyed out. 

I realize that a batch file which invokes a 32 bit Java app cannot communicate that to Vugen, but I'm wondering how we can override that error and still be able to record against the app.  Any suggestions?

Scott Hysmith
ASE: Quality Center
ASE: Performance Center
Certified Instructor
Occasional Advisor
hysmith
Message 2 of 8 (1,919 Views)

Re: VuGen 11.5 record on batch file on 64-bit workstation

Some additional detail:

The existing scripts were written using the HTML/HTTP protocol, with recording set to URL mode and "use web_custom_request", so that what got recorded was the XML being passed between the Java app and the server.  That's been working pretty well up until now. 

I've been looking into Java-over-HTTP and Java Record/Replay and have had no luck invoking the app from Vugen 11.5.  I've added the Java parameters and classpath from the batch file to the recording options and the record dialog, and haven't been able to invoke the base class to launch the app.

Scott Hysmith
ASE: Quality Center
ASE: Performance Center
Certified Instructor
HP Expert
Editus
Message 3 of 8 (1,912 Views)

Hello

Please use x32 bit cmd.exe as “Application for record” and bat-file mentioned as “Program argument”.

This new behaviour of “Start Recording” dialog for checks the each application binary type, since only x32 application are allowed to be recorded be Java. But bat-could not be checked since it is text file, not binary.

cheers

Frequent Visitor
Saran2050
Message 4 of 8 (1,440 Views)

Hi, I m trying to launch a windows application in LR 11.52. As you mentioned I m launching the .bat file using command prompt - 32 bit for launching the application.

In between continuosly I m getting the message "Unable to determine AUT's bit capacity". Anyhow the application is getting launched. But in the script nothing is recorded.

I can see while recording, the events are getting downloaded but nothing is there in the script.

My OS is Windows 7.

I have used COM/DCOM, LDAP protocols. Please help

Occasional Advisor
Satzz
Message 5 of 8 (1,282 Views)

How did you resolve this error?

Please suggest some steps...

When i record the application, it throws ünable to determine AUTs bit capacity. Other than the application launch URL nothing gets recorded.

LR version:11.52

Frequent Visitor
studiospeaker2
Message 6 of 8 (1,241 Views)

I was able to record and execute my batch file from VuGen 11.0. Once I upgraded to 11.52 and installed the patches,  I started receiving "could not determine application bit capacity" from the Start Recording dialog box. Then I tried your solution (see screenshot). The command prompt box came up separately, but the batch file never executed. If you have other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

HP Expert
rleitons
Message 7 of 8 (1,221 Views)

Hi,

Please use /K at the begining or the arguments.

Rodolfo Leitón

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

For LoadRunner here.
For Performance Center here.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution

Frequent Visitor
studiospeaker2
Message 8 of 8 (1,210 Views)

Amazing, Rodolfo Leitón. The batch file recording worked! See screenshot. Thank you so much!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.