Re: Using Load Runner proxy, mobile traffic is not getting recorded. (492 Views)
Occasional Visitor
nagakula
Message 1 of 2 (517 Views)

Using Load Runner proxy, mobile traffic is not getting recorded.

Hi, I am using LR VUgen 11.52 installed on Windows 7 and when I am trying to record any application using Load Runner proxy, I couldnt see the web application not opening in the mobile and no events recorded in the VUGEN.

• Followed the suggested procedure in the documentation. In the IPhone, Settings->Under WiFi connected->under HTTP Proxy-> Gave VUGen IP Address and Port number shown at Load Runner proxy interface.
  • I tried google site also to just see if the problem is with the application I am testing
  • When HTTP Proxy is removed and tried accessing the web sites, I could open all in the mobile device
  • Connected to the same wifi network

Please help if any one know the resolution. 

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 2 of 2 (492 Views)

Re: Using Load Runner proxy, mobile traffic is not getting recorded.

[ Edited ]

Hi Nagakula,

Do you have Internet access on the VuGen machine you are trying to record from?

LoadRunner machine can be used as a proxy only after you have stared recording in proxy mode.

Please make sure that you have started recording on the VuGen machine before trying to access a web page from the mobile device. If VuGen has started, on the VuGen machine the floating recording toolbar should appear.

You should start the application from your mobile device. Vugen will not start it automatically.

Additional information for proxy recording is available in the following posts:

Use-Proxy-Recording-in-LoadRunner-11-52-for-Mobile-Applications 

Proxy-Recording-with-LoadRunner-11-52

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation