Unresolved symbol : web_reg_save_param_regexp (781 Views)
Frequent Advisor
9Mayank9
Message 1 of 2 (781 Views)

Unresolved symbol : web_reg_save_param_regexp

Hi Experts,

I am using VuGEN 11.03 and I have got a script from my colleague which has web_reg_save_param_regexp" function used into it. Whiile running on my VuGEN, I am facing the below mentioned issue:

Error: C interpreter run time error: Action.c (102):  Error -- Unresolved symbol : web_reg_save_param_regexp

It seems this function is not available on my current version of VuGEN 11.03. I tried to find this function in VuGEN helpfile but could not found it.

1) Please suggest Is there any kind of patch available or any ways to make this function available in my VuGEN?

2) Also, if I directly run this script on BPM 9.13/9.03, will this function work on BPM(I am assuming here that BPMs may have libraries for this function reference).

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mayank

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 2 of 2 (764 Views)

Re: Unresolved symbol : web_reg_save_param_regexp

Hi Mayank,

If the script was recorded in a newer version of LoadRunner it could be causing the problem.

LR 11.03 supports web_reg_save_param_regexp and it is available in the function reference starting from LoadRunner 11.01. KM1088844

As per the following document: C interpreter run time error when using web_global_verification & web_reg_save_param_regexp you can check if the script contains web_global_verification before web_global_verification.

However if the function is not available in the function reference, I guess that there could be an issue with your installation of LR or VuGen. Please review the following KM: What patches are available for LoadRunner 11 and the order they should be installed?

You will see that you should have Critical patch and LR patch 3 installed on top of LR 11.00.

Both BPM 9.13/9.03  support VuGen 11.03 so you can try to reply the script in BPM in case it was recorded and replays successfully in LoadRunner 11.03.

You can find BPM – VuGen Compatibility matrix in the following post http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/LR-Support-Tip-BPM-9-23-now-supports-VuGen-...

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.