09-12-2013 05:17 AM
Our application is desktop application developed in .net and uses WCF for communication with the server. So I tried recording it using the Microsoft .Net protocol (Protocol Advisor also suggested .Net protocol) but VuGen is throwing the following error message even though Microsof .NET Framework version 1.1 was available in my machine:
Error message: "Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed on this machine. Before recording a script, you must install Microsof .NET Framework version 1.1"
Please let me know the solution.
09-13-2013 01:46 AM
My name is Alexey. I am from LR QA team
Please could you provide the following information:
1. The OS type and 32bits or 64bits?
2. The .net framework used by this application? The application type (32bits, 64bits or any CPU?)
3. is this framework 1.1 32bits or 64bits?
4. Is there any other third part components used by the application?
5. version of LoadRunner?
6. If possible, could you try to record the application in a 32bits OS.
09-13-2013 02:27 AM - edited 09-13-2013 02:28 AM
Here are the answers for your questions:
1. The OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
2. .Net framework used by the application is 3.5 and the protocol is WCF (My machine is having the following versions installed 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4)
3. Not sure
4. No third party component
5. Load Runner 11.04
6. I recorded in 32 bit OS only
09-13-2013 05:53 AM
Find out if your application was developed for .net 4, if this is the case, move up to 11.5 to work with your app. If by any chance you crash while recording in 11.5, move up to 11.52 then.
If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
05-12-2014 03:56 AM
Is the Desktop application developed on DotNet framework 4 supported by vugen 11.04 for recoding.
Issue we facing while recording:-
Issue – Not able to record/generate a script for a DotNet based desktop application
Current Performance center used – 11.04
• Desktop application developed on DotNet framework 4.
• The request/response communication mechanism is based on TCP protocol.
1. Tried recording with below different protocols:
a. Microsoft .Net Protocol – Events not getting recorded
b. COM/DCOM and WinSock protocol – Raw script getting recorded but giving connection reset error on replay
c. Web HTTP/HTML – Events getting recorded but script is not getting generated.
d. Web Click & Script - Events getting recorded but script is not getting generated.
2. Tried creating a custom filter and explicitly importing the application DLLs to Load runner but LR is allowing to add only few of them.
3. Tried installing Vugen Patches – LRVUG_00002 and LRVUG_0028
4. Created a network capture file using Wireshark tool and imported it to LR – LR not able to analyse the traffic and hence throwing an error.
05-12-2014 04:46 AM
In .Net protocol .Net 4 starts to be supported in LoadRunner 11.5x on backward compatibility level. Additionally the Application Under test needs to be compiled in "AnyCPU" mode only.
In LR 11.04 only .Net 3.5 is supported.
You can check LoadRunner support matrixes in the following link: http://support.openview.hp.com/sc/support_matrices
With WinSock protocol you will probably need to make correlation to be able to reply the script.
Additional option will be GUI -base protocols such as RDP or Citrix which can be used as a workaround but they allow lower number of vusers to be run on a single load generator.
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.