Re: Unable to record VuGen script using IE9 and Firefox21 (157 Views)
Occasional Contributor
balazagi
Message 1 of 4 (198 Views)

Unable to record VuGen script using IE9 and Firefox21

using LD 11.50 build 2216 on windows 7 enterprise version I get no steps recroded. Have also tried with the "Use protected application recording" options with no joy, any one with any suggestions/solutions out there.

cheers

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Editus
Message 2 of 4 (182 Views)

Re: Unable to record VuGen script using IE9 and Firefox21

Hello

When vugen records nothing you first need to isolate the problem, it may be something broken on your machine, or the application you are trying to record requires special settings, so the first step is to record against google, if it works that means your machine and vugen are good and you need to enter some port mapping configuration when recording against the desired application, if it fails even against google, then that may be a sing that something is blocking vugen or something is broken, in such case, I recommend you first to install the mandatory patches (the lates is SP 2 and on top of it install patch 1) and try again, if even with this the problem persist, then open a case with support.

regards

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
James Leatherman
Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)

VuGen 11.5x will not record events in IE

The solution for the problem is the hooks that VUGen uses to connect to IE.

In the registry, edit the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

"AppInit_DLLs"="<VUGen folder>\bin\bbhook.dll" (or "<VUGen folder>\bin\bbhook_x64.dll" for 64-bit machines)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
balazagi
Message 4 of 4 (157 Views)

Thanks both

Editus, I tried with google and it fails regardless. I guess that maybe due to the 64bits browsers on our machines not being supported?!

I am going to try Jame's suggestion and see how it goes.

cheers,

Saeed

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation