Re: Truclient Manual proxy configuration authentication (1689 Views)
Occasional Contributor
LR_Travis
Message 1 of 8 (1,830 Views)

Truclient Manual proxy configuration authentication

Hi All

I am trying to run Performance tests with AJAX Truclient. We are testing the application from withing the internal network. The application does external calls to a stats server that track hits etc.

These external call require a Proxy configuration to be entered, however our proxy requires authentication, AJAX Truclient "Manual Proxy Configuration" under Runtime settings does not supply a Username and Password field for Proxy Authetication.

Does anyone know how to set Manual Proxy Configuration with Authetication? i.e with A USERNAME, DOMAIN and PASSWORD?

I have attached a screenshot of the proxy setting for AJAX Trueclient.

Occasional Advisor
Ashutosh Gupta_1
Message 2 of 8 (1,820 Views)

Re: Truclient Manual proxy configuration authentication

Try using the web_set_user function in the starting of script and provide the credentials. This may help.
Occasional Contributor
LR_Travis
Message 3 of 8 (1,815 Views)

Ok I have found a solution:

1. In the url address field in Firefox, enter about:config.
2. Click the I'll be careful, I promise! button.
3. In the Filter field, enter network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies.
4. Right click network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies and select Toggle. This changes the value to false.
5. Record the initial navigation step again. You also need to record entering the Proxy Authetication username and password, you will notice this is recorded as "sub steps" under the navigation step. You record authentication as you will be prompted on every iteration of the "Action".

Hope this helps you as it has helped me :)

Established Member
Kwame McIntyre
Message 4 of 8 (1,689 Views)

This saved me big time with an Authentication Prompt. Thanks!!! 

Visitor
SP_LR
Message 5 of 8 (947 Views)

Hello ,

I have a situation where I need to select proxy based on a condition(IF-ELSE) present in the Truclient script.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards

Sudheer

HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 6 of 8 (939 Views)

Hi,

There is no such capability in TC.

You can always ask the customer to write C code to use the machine proxy instead (thru Eval C) but it might be cumbersome and not all of our customers has this knowledge.

It is a nice ER, can you please open an ER case for that?

Guy Rosenthal
TruClient RnD Team Manager
TruClient-StormRunner Load RnD
Advisor
Digikiwam
Message 7 of 8 (189 Views)

Guy,

Instead of saying "submit a request" how about saying "we will look into a fix"

Telling the customer to submit a request is like saying "you can ask but you may not get an answer".

Manual Proxy Authentication is HUGE and the fact that it's not possible in TruClient IE leaves us scratching our heads and wondering if TruClient is even worth paying for.

It's because of this issue (same dang authentication dialog) that I have had to look at alternatives for GUI based performance testing.

HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 8 of 8 (181 Views)

Hello,

Few things:

1. it is not a defect, this ability is not available in TruClient, thus, we are considering those as Enhancment Requests

2. Telling the Support team to file an ER is by no means a contradiction to the fact that we are looking into it and will try to prioritize the delivery of such feature in our future releases.

Need to understand the we have a LOT of items in our backlog. some of them are interanl requests and some are from customers (those we are taking more seriously and giving them priority). It is very important for us to understand the impact and how common a functional request is. This is crucial to file a proper ER so it will be visible to other customers as well and that we can prioritize it better.

Thank you.

Guy Rosenthal
TruClient RnD Team Manager
TruClient-StormRunner Load RnD
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.