10-12-2011 05:49 AM
I am trying to run Performance tests with AJAX Truclient. We are testing the application from withing the internal network. The application does external calls to a stats server that track hits etc.
These external call require a Proxy configuration to be entered, however our proxy requires authentication, AJAX Truclient "Manual Proxy Configuration" under Runtime settings does not supply a Username and Password field for Proxy Authetication.
Does anyone know how to set Manual Proxy Configuration with Authetication? i.e with A USERNAME, DOMAIN and PASSWORD?
I have attached a screenshot of the proxy setting for AJAX Trueclient.
10-13-2011 06:55 AM
Ok I have found a solution:
1. In the url address field in Firefox, enter about:config.
2. Click the I'll be careful, I promise! button.
3. In the Filter field, enter network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies.
4. Right click network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies and select Toggle. This changes the value to false.
5. Record the initial navigation step again. You also need to record entering the Proxy Authetication username and password, you will notice this is recorded as "sub steps" under the navigation step. You record authentication as you will be prompted on every iteration of the "Action".
Hope this helps you as it has helped me :)
12-04-2013 10:51 PM
I have a situation where I need to select proxy based on a condition(IF-ELSE) present in the Truclient script.
Is there any way to achieve this?
12-04-2013 11:48 PM
There is no such capability in TC.
You can always ask the customer to write C code to use the machine proxy instead (thru Eval C) but it might be cumbersome and not all of our customers has this knowledge.
It is a nice ER, can you please open an ER case for that?
TruClient RnD Team Manager