Truclient Ajax: Can we Interupt the NTLM authentication on Firefox ? (467 Views)
Regular Visitor
ThomasCPS
Message 1 of 5 (467 Views)

Truclient Ajax: Can we Interupt the NTLM authentication on Firefox ?

[ Edited ]

I need to Do a performance testing on an application which uses NTLM on Fire fox. There is no way in the application, users ca key-in the login userid and password. So now it is always taking my Network logon to use NTLM.

but is there a way i can use some test logins through NTLM login? 

I am not seeing an option to add a web_set_user method, because the script is read-only mode. 

Thanks 

ThomasCPS

I am using VuGenVersion 11.50, Firefox is the latest version. 

HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 2 of 5 (432 Views)

Re: Truclient Ajax: Can we Interupt the NTLM authentication on Firefox ?

Hi,

Few things to clarify:

1. the app is not prompting the Auth Dialog ever? Even in a non authorized machine?
  2. There is no equivalent function in TC for web_set_user (as in most cases it is handled by the auth dialog user/pwd).
  3.  Script is read-only? I think you mean the Script-View.c file which is (read the green comment at the top) a read-only auto generated file that just represent the TruClient script. Editing, recording and modifying the script should be done in the script itself (in the browser).  There are 2 external files C-Functions.c and JS-Functions.js for evaluating C and JS code respectfully.
  4.  You are using VuGen 11.50 with FF 8.0.1 (which is part of LR installation).
Guy Rosenthal
TruClient RnD Team Manager
TruClient-STORM RnD
Regular Visitor
ThomasCPS
Message 3 of 5 (420 Views)

Great! Thanks for the response.

1) I am getting the Mercury Web Recorder NTLM authentiction window only when i record a script using the protocol: web- HTTP/HTML on firefox. this adds a section web_set_user method at the top of the script. but when i record the script using TruClient - Ajax Firefox, i am not getting the pop up for NTLM.

2) If I am not getting that dialog box, how we can use multiple users to do testing on this?

3) Yes. in the script view it is readonly and i can edit the steps on recording on the browser. But it always take my network details to do NTLM.

4) it is VuGen 11.52 and Fire fox 26.0 (Shown in options-> help-> about Firefox).  [http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/    that link says 'Congrats! You’re using the latest version of Firefox.' ]

Thanks

Regular Visitor
ThomasCPS
Message 4 of 5 (404 Views)

Hey Guy Rosenthal,

is there anything we can do with this?
HP Expert
Guy_Rosenthal
Message 5 of 5 (391 Views)

Hi,

1. It can't be that TruClient runs on FF 26 in VuGen 11.52. I think you are confusing with the machine installed FF.

2. Without prompting the NTLM auth dialog TruClient parametrize the credentials (this is the common behavior that obviate the need for web_set_user in TruClient).

Are you 100% that the NTLM auth dialog credentials entering cannot be recorded in TruClient?

Guy Rosenthal
TruClient RnD Team Manager
TruClient-STORM RnD
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.