01-27-2014 01:09 PM - edited 01-27-2014 01:11 PM
I need to Do a performance testing on an application which uses NTLM on Fire fox. There is no way in the application, users ca key-in the login userid and password. So now it is always taking my Network logon to use NTLM.
but is there a way i can use some test logins through NTLM login?
I am not seeing an option to add a web_set_user method, because the script is read-only mode.
I am using VuGenVersion 11.50, Firefox is the latest version.
01-28-2014 12:31 AM
Few things to clarify:
- the app is not prompting the Auth Dialog ever? Even in a non authorized machine?
- There is no equivalent function in TC for web_set_user (as in most cases it is handled by the auth dialog user/pwd).
- Script is read-only? I think you mean the Script-View.c file which is (read the green comment at the top) a read-only auto generated file that just represent the TruClient script. Editing, recording and modifying the script should be done in the script itself (in the browser). There are 2 external files C-Functions.c and JS-Functions.js for evaluating C and JS code respectfully.
- You are using VuGen 11.50 with FF 8.0.1 (which is part of LR installation).
TruClient RnD Team Manager
01-28-2014 01:57 PM
Great! Thanks for the response.
1) I am getting the Mercury Web Recorder NTLM authentiction window only when i record a script using the protocol: web- HTTP/HTML on firefox. this adds a section web_set_user method at the top of the script. but when i record the script using TruClient - Ajax Firefox, i am not getting the pop up for NTLM.
2) If I am not getting that dialog box, how we can use multiple users to do testing on this?
3) Yes. in the script view it is readonly and i can edit the steps on recording on the browser. But it always take my network details to do NTLM.
4) it is VuGen 11.52 and Fire fox 26.0 (Shown in options-> help-> about Firefox). [http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ that link says 'Congrats! You’re using the latest version of Firefox.' ]
02-02-2014 12:58 AM
1. It can't be that TruClient runs on FF 26 in VuGen 11.52. I think you are confusing with the machine installed FF.
2. Without prompting the NTLM auth dialog TruClient parametrize the credentials (this is the common behavior that obviate the need for web_set_user in TruClient).
Are you 100% that the NTLM auth dialog credentials entering cannot be recorded in TruClient?
TruClient RnD Team Manager
11-03-2014 11:38 AM
In order for me to record the NTLM authentication in TruClient 12.01 FireFox, I had to do the following steps:
- enter "about:config" into the URL bar
- search for network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris
- enter the full string of my URL as the value for that config item
- then record the login by entering the URL of the AUT, and respond to the NTLM authentication dialog
The resulting step in TC includes a "Enter credentials in the authentication dialog" embeded inside the "Navigate to" step.