Re: Trouble recording PDF downloads in LR11 ... (275 Views)
Regular Advisor
Speedmaster
Message 1 of 3 (276 Views)

Trouble recording PDF downloads in LR11 ...

All,

Working with Web/HTTP. I would like to record the download of a couple linked PDFs on the pages.

I have been trying to record this, but I keep getting empty blocks similar to this:
lr_start_transaction("trx_GetPDF_A");

lr_end_transaction("trx_GetPDF_A",LR_AUTO);

lr_start_transaction("trx_Get_PDF_B");

lr_end_transaction("trx_Get_PDF_B",LR_AUTO);

I have been digging through the forums and found this thread:
http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB6&Number=631873

I've tried recording in several modes (including Web/URL) but can't seem to lick the problem.

From a user perspective, I don't think I care if the client opens the PDF in the Acrobat IE browser plug-in, or just saves the file. I think the part I care about is that the script forces the server to send me the entire PDF.

Any ideas? I'm kind of frustrated as I thought I had done this successfully once before.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
http://www.pretenseofknowledge.com/

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Trouble recording PDF downloads in LR11 ...

Valued Contributor
gamanu
Message 3 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Trouble recording PDF downloads in LR11 ...

Hi,

Define the pdf content-type (it must be application/pdf) as non-resource (Recording Options / HTTP Properties / Advanced / button "Non Resources..."/ use button "+" to add the content-type).

It can also be done using "Tools/Regenerate Script".

After that, you can use "%EOF%", as text to be found,  in a web_reg_find function inserted just before the step which downloads the pdf file.

Regards.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.