Re: Transaction Duration in log doesn't match real duration (222 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Slon
Message 1 of 3 (231 Views)

Transaction Duration in log doesn't match real duration

Using LR11 AJAX TruClient

I click on a link and popup window opens. This popup window takes a while to render (~30-50 seconds)

Once all is rendered I need to click a Button inside window.

I used "Wait for Object" function on the Button I want to click and I surrounded it with transaction "WaitForMyButton"

End Event for a Step is left default -  "Action Completed"

During replay everything goes fine. Script waits as long as necessary for Button to appear and then clicks it.

HOWEVER in the log Duration of the transaction stated as 0.15 seconds! When in fact it was ~43 seconds.

Below is extract from the log. You can seee that difference in time before and after transaction is 43908ms=~44 seconds

but transaction duration is 0.1505.

t=00033759ms: ** 12: Wait for My Button** started [MsgId: MMSG-204251]
Notify: Transaction "WaitingForMyButton" started.
Notify: Transaction "WaitingForMyButton" ended with "Pass" status (Duration: 0.1505).
t=00077667ms: ** 12: Wait for Wait for My Button  ** successfully completed [MsgId: MMSG-204250]

Why?

Am I doing something wrong?

My aim is 1) to ensure object is there before I click it 2) measure time it takes for object to be displayed

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Percy Bell
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: Transaction Duration in log doesn't match real duration

What happens if you put the end transaction after the click event? Does the transaction time look more like real life?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
ACHENN00C
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Transaction Duration in log doesn't match real duration

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Did you get the solution? If no, is there a way we can accurately capture the response times based on asynchronous events by adding javascript???

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation