Re: Special characters problem (295 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Papidoggy
Message 1 of 3 (400 Views)

Special characters problem

[ Edited ]

Hi

I use LoadRunner 11.52. I got a problem of delimiters. The delimiters are not parameter delimiters({}) but delimiters such as ",".

My Load tests between LoadRunner and a web server are seemingly successful. But the connections between a web server and a gateway server are failed in the server logs. The problem was a korean character delimiter.

Flow:

LoadRunner ---[successful]---> web server ---[failed]---> gateway server ---[n/a]---> database server

Example:

web_submit_data("ShowData", 
   "Action=https://xxxxxxxxxxx",  
   "Method=POST", 
   "RecContentType=text/html", 
   "Snapshot=txx.inf", 
   "Mode=HTML", 
   ITEMDATA, 
   "paramData", "Value=123?456", ENDITEM, 
   LAST);

The "?" in the 123?456 is originally a korean character delimiter. But LoadRunner sends requests not as the korean character but as the "?" itself.

I replaced the "?" with the korean character itself, unicode and url-encode in the Action.c. Nevertheless all I have done was nothing but a waste of effort.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

HP Expert
KertLuo
Message 2 of 3 (312 Views)

Re: Special characters problem

What's the system local of you system? If it's not Korean, please try to change it to Korean.
Occasional Contributor
Papidoggy
Message 3 of 3 (295 Views)

Re: Special characters problem

Thank you for your help.

My systems are not korean.

To tell the truth, this problem has been solved.

I  checked the Support charset (UTF-8)  in the  Recording Options when I generated my script.

But this setting was not good.

I unchecked  the Support charset, after that, regenerated my script.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.