SSL Certificate Exceptions in AJAX TruClient? (2374 Views)
Occasional Contributor
kphill
Message 1 of 10 (2,374 Views)

SSL Certificate Exceptions in AJAX TruClient?

Has anyone been able to add an SSL certificate exception?  This functionality should be available for testing disaster recovery sites - dr.example.com is typically configured with the SSL certificate for www.example.com.

Would like to be able to add the site as an exception.  Recording that process doesn't work; TruClient doesn't seem able to act upon the warning window that pops up requesting confirmation.

Running LR 11 Patch 3.  Tried modifying various settings in the Encryption tab of Tools > TruClient General Settings dialog box to no avail.

HP Expert
Editus
Message 2 of 10 (2,327 Views)

Re: SSL Certificate Exceptions in AJAX TruClient?

Hello

Plase open a case with support, I think this require dedicated assitance, not sure if is even possible.

Advisor
Rybsy
Message 3 of 10 (2,249 Views)

Hi,

I was able to add an exception in by going to "Edit Browser Options -> Encryption Tab -> View Certificates -> Servers Tab.

Then you can add an exception in there. Just type in the URL/hostname, retrieve the cert and you're good to go.

Occasional Visitor
eraigosa
Message 4 of 10 (1,837 Views)

Hi, This did work for the first session, but if you stop and start the session it doesn't remember the settings.  Was there some other change you made for the settings to get preserved after restarting TrueClient?

Occasional Visitor
AdithyaCS
Message 5 of 10 (1,675 Views)

Hi All,

Did any one get the solution to this? I am facing the same issue, tried adding the exception in truclient general settings as mentioned above but no luck.

Advisor
yehudas
Message 6 of 10 (1,667 Views)

Hi,

I can see that in the FF general settings you do not see the exception after adding it, but when performing a replay FF acts as if there is an exception (no warning). Does the browser still shows you the warning page?

Thanks

Yehuda Sabag
TruClient R&D
Valued Contributor
drenze
Message 7 of 10 (1,432 Views)

I'm having the same issue, with Vugen 11.51 + TruClient for Firefox. I've added it through Tools->TruClient General Settings, then clicking 'Add Exception' on the 'Encryption' tab.

Occasional Visitor
leresrick
Message 8 of 10 (1,419 Views)

I am having the same problem with Web protocol.

Visitor
greg_nelson
Message 9 of 10 (1,408 Views)

I am having the same issue.  After adding exception, either through the Firefox window or by bringing up the settings (TruClient General Settings) window and adding it that way.  Can also be added by importing the cert in the settings window.  The certificate gets added but seems to require a new script to be started fresh and recorded.  If attempting with an existing script the "this connection is untrusted" window keeps appearing even if the exception/cert has been added.  Re-recording after adding the new cert/exception is the only way I've found to get around this issue.  Kind of a pain when you have to re-record after the cert expires every 6 months or so.

Visitor
greg_nelson
Message 10 of 10 (1,401 Views)

Found a solution:

The issue is that the cert_override.txt document located at \profiles\interactive needs to be updated when the cert expires and you need a new one.  To avoid re-scripting, open a new TruClient script and establish the certificates there and save the script.  From there open the newly created script with the new certificates and copy the \profiles\interactive\cert_override.txt from that script to your old script.  It should now work properly.  TruClient establishes the certs during the recording, so simply adding them and performing a save as won't work.

Hope this helps everyone!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.