Re: Recording and Replay (657 Views)
Advisor
Vivi_1
Message 1 of 8 (659 Views)

Recording and Replay

Hi all,

I've recorded a HTTP Protocol script on filling a form for DRIVING LICENSE in a GOVERNMENT Web Site with a captcha image at the bottom of the form. When i replay the script with different different parameters of mandatory field, does it really insert the raw data into the server on each iteration?. And it doesn't throw an error because the captcha gets changed each time the page gets refreshed.

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 2 of 8 (659 Views)

Re: Recording and Replay

Captcha is to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. Generally it will be implemented to avoid automation.

Madan
Advisor
Vivi_1
Message 3 of 8 (659 Views)

yeah i get what you're saying about captcha. But when i replay the script with different parameters, Does it really insert different data into the server as previously recorded? or it just replays the recorded response time?

Trusted Contributor
Oliver Lloyd
Message 4 of 8 (657 Views)

The question should not be 'does it' but rather 'should it'.

The answer to if it should insert data, is yes, it should.

Does it? Absolutely no idea. Only you can answer that one.

Oliver
Trusted Contributor
Oliver Lloyd
Message 5 of 8 (657 Views)

Of course, it won't because the page has a captcha on it.

You should do the the drivers a favour and disable the captcha.

Oliver
Advisor
Vivi_1
Message 6 of 8 (657 Views)

Yes, It does not insert the data. i checked. But the script must fail when it gets replayed because the page has a captcha and it changes everytime i replay the script, but i got the message "NO ERRORS DETECTED" in the replay summary page. Can someone explain why this happened?. Thanks oliver.

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 7 of 8 (657 Views)

there may be multiple reasons. If there is any error in application, generally it will be routed to an error page for which actually the server returns http-200 response. This is what LR looks and treat it as valid response and no errors.

Madan
Advisor
Vivi_1
Message 8 of 8 (657 Views)

Thanks Madan.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.