Recording HP ALM by LoadRunner 11 (1490 Views)
Occasional Contributor
PrashanthR
Message 1 of 8 (1,490 Views)

Recording HP ALM by LoadRunner 11

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We need to do performance testing on HP ALM (QC) using LR 11.00 version. There are scripts provided by HP for the same. However we need to test for flows specific to our scenario. I am unable to record the flow using HTTP/HTML or Winsock.  Can anyone let me know how to record in LR for ALM.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has beenmoevd from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Satish_1125
Message 2 of 8 (1,482 Views)

Re: Recording HP ALM by LoadRunner 11

Go With Protocal Advisor in loadrunner it will help to you.....

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
PrashanthR
Message 3 of 8 (1,470 Views)

[ Edited ]

I wanted to know if there is any specific setting in QC or LR which will enable recording of QC by Loadrunner. When i try to record, it records only the login part, (Clicking on defects tab, releases etc, does not generate anything in vugen). Only the login part seems to get recorded.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
One_21
Message 4 of 8 (1,332 Views)

Has anyone solved this? I tried protcol advisor and it told me to use HTTP WeB or Ajax but still cant record it :(

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nickuk
Message 5 of 8 (1,284 Views)

Has anyone solved this? Protocol advisor is not particularly helpful.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Vikash_Shri
Message 6 of 8 (737 Views)

Hi All,

Can somebody help me for the same.  I tried with Ajax TruClient-IE protocols but not able to record my scenario seems it blocking due to some JAVA scripts. Can we enable Java scripting in TruCleint . Please suggest me to fix this issue. 

I tried with other protocols also but it not capturing itself.

Please suggest which protocols and how I can record scripts successfully.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
LoadTest712
Message 7 of 8 (733 Views)

Best approach is to use the kit provided by HP and if you are facing any issues then you can get in touch with an HP Support Engineer. they have covered almost all the scenarios in that kit. you just need to update it based on your requirement.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Craig_Drummond
Message 8 of 8 (728 Views)

If you download the benchmark toolkit you will find a wealth of information about how HP uses LoadRunner to performance test ALM.  You will not however be able to contact support with questions about how to use the scripts in kit, how to modify the scripts or scenarios for your use or for any question related to the toolkit except for its download location as the kit is provided as is with no support at all.

If you need help with the toolkit you will be referred to contact HP Professional Services who will assist you on a time and materials basis.

The scripts in the kit are extreemly complex and require a very advanced level of LoadRunner and general programming knowledge.  The kit requires that you use the provided project and that you disable some of the core security of ALM so that the scripts will work.

There are alternatives.  3rd party providers have developed alternatives to the HP Benchmark toolkit.  I would suggest that you contact Phillip Mayhew and Rextency Tech (phillip.mayhew@rextencytech.com).  The tools that he offers will cost but he has a product that will create LoadRunner scripts for ALM in very little time.

I have no connetion with Rextency and I don't guarantee that the solution they offer will suit your needs.  Rextency products and services are the sole responsibility of Rextency and HP will not be responsible for your use of their offerings.

Hope this helps,

Craig

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation