Re: Problem running performance tests with windows 7 (461 Views)
Frequent Visitor
Engineer1
Message 1 of 7 (568 Views)

Problem running performance tests with windows 7

[ Edited ]

We recently upgraded from XP to Windows 7. For our performance testing, create GUI scripts in QTP which we later import in Performance Center to run performance test on multiple remote hosts. There were no issues with connection or whatsoever back then.

Now, after we have upgraded, when we run the test from a windows 7 machine running the performance center on a remote host running windows 7, it fails. But if you run the performance center on a Windows 7 PC and run the test on the remote host running XP. The summary is as below. 

Running Test From                     Remote Host                 Comments

Win 7                                              Win 7                               Fails

Win 7                                              Win XP                             Runs fine

Win XP                                           Win 7                                Fails

FYI : the LG is ver 11.04. Its not the problem with connection as it connects fine. The test fails the moment it starts.

I tried using web scripts and irrespective of any configurations above, the test runs file. The problem arises only when running GUI scripts.

Any input would be great.

HP Expert
kevin_zhao
Message 2 of 7 (542 Views)

Re: Problem running performance tests with windows 7

Hi,

There are some functionality change from LR 11.04/LR 11.5 for Windows 7, which makes LR 11.04 and later version works with QTP 11 failed.

You can refer to the following KB for details:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1360054

Please note:

As the above KB is only applied for LR 11.04, if you are using LG 11.50 on Windows 7, you should copy the DLLs from LG\bin folder to QTP\bin folder manuallly as follows:

1) Download the QTP_patch zip.

2) Read the readme.

3) Copy the DLLs(you should copy the DLLs from LG 11.5\bin instead of the DLLs in QTP patch folder) from LG\bin folder to QTP\bin folder.

4) Backup the original DLLs which will be replaced in QTP folder.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Kevin

HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 3 of 7 (534 Views)

If assuming you are running with QTP 11. Try installing this patch on your LR 11.5 LGs. This is a QTP patch. See if  after this the issue still occurs.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Visitor
Engineer1
Message 4 of 7 (527 Views)

UPDATE: Problem running performance tests with windows 7

[ Edited ]

Apologies: My LG ver is 11.04. Our QTP is ver 11. We have installed the following patches for our Windows7 OS, in the order given below.

QTP_00709
QTP_00699
QTPWEB_00086
QTPNET_00113.exe
QTPWEB_00106.exe

The logs show the following

"Vuser failed to initialize extension launcher.dll"

Any Inuput is appreciated.
Frequent Visitor
Engineer1
Message 5 of 7 (522 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the input.

@kevin_zhao

The link that you have posted displays that I am not authorized to view the page. 

I copied the dll file and the test initalizes. But I get this error on the target host "The procedure entry point os_ctime32 coudn't be located in the dynamic link library mosifs32.dll". When I press ok, the test stops.

Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 6 of 7 (467 Views)

can you check this setting?

QTP > tools>run> "Allow other tools to interact.... (check the option something like this.)

Frequent Visitor
Engineer1
Message 7 of 7 (461 Views)

Yes, It is checked. But, it still throws the same error.

Shivaram Patil wrote:

can you check this setting?

QTP > tools>run> "Allow other tools to interact.... (check the option something like this.)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.