Problem installing HP ALM 11 (4946 Views)
Visitor
kzul
Message 1 of 14 (4,946 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem installing HP ALM 11

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I need help on how to proceed with installing HP ALM 11. Below are history on what I've done:

1. I have downloaded the HP ALM 11.

2. Install it in single machine (Win 2003 32bit + SQL Server 2005). I login to this machine as Administrator

3. During installation, I choose to use JBoss app server

4. Next, I leave everything blank for HP ALM Platform Service page. Reason, I want to use local system account to run HP ALM Platform service (my machine didn't joined any domain)

5. I choose to use IIS web server

6. I choose 'none' in Mail Server page

7. Next, in 'Database server' page:

7.1 -  I select MS-SQL (SQL Auth.) for Database type.

7.2 -  I enter my server name(i.e. mstb) in 'DB host name'

7.3 -  I leave default (1433) for 'DB port number'

7.4 - I leave everything else blank.

7.5 - I click next.

Here is where I'm stuck. Error pop up "You must run the installation with the same username that is used to run JBoss as a service". I'm sure my DB name and port is correct and SQL server is running.  What I did wrong?

FYI,

1. currently my machine is clean without JBoss. I want ALM to install JBoss for me.

2. I'm using evaluation key for this ALM installation.

Please help. I am new in this. Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moevd from from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 2 of 14 (4,941 Views)

Re: Problem installing HP ALM 11

The Step - 7.1 -> says you are using SQL Authentication, but the snapshot shows you are using Windows Authentication. Please change it to SQL Authentication and give the credentials.

Madan
Visitor
kzul
Message 3 of 14 (4,935 Views)

I followed your advise and change SQL server to mixed authentication with proper credentials. Now I'm able to proceed to the next step. Thanks.

But, just wondering why win auth wasn't working? (even my SQL server was set to win authentication). Any idea?

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 4 of 14 (4,931 Views)

You need to give the windows user who has access to the SQL Server. Probably the one you given doesn't have access to it.

Madan
Occasional Advisor
Chy_Egemba
Message 5 of 14 (4,616 Views)

KMadan

Please advise me on how to resolve this issue with ALM 11 installation  on window vista 11 SP 1 or window XP SP3. Having been trying to  install it on either of the OS without success.

Thank you.

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 6 of 14 (4,613 Views)

Client OS's are not supported for ALM Server installation.

Refer to Installation guide for supported OS.

Madan
Occasional Advisor
Chy_Egemba
Message 7 of 14 (4,610 Views)

RQC 11e: Problem installing HP ALM 11

KMadan

Please can you be more eloborate on client OS not supported. It is not really clear to me after looking at the installation guide. You are the only person  that have responded to my post.

Thank you

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 8 of 14 (4,607 Views)

Re: RQC 11e: Problem installing HP ALM 11

Client OS's like Windows XP/Vista/7 are not supported by ALM Server. Refer to the below link for the supported environement.

Madan
Occasional Advisor
Chy_Egemba
Message 9 of 14 (4,601 Views)

Hello Kmadan,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am actually trying to install the QC Starter Edition. Window XP SP3  OS was listed as supported  for server side configuration. Its seems confusing. Please kindly advise me.

Thank you.

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 10 of 14 (4,599 Views)

As for Performance Center is concerned, ALM Starter Edition doesnt work. I would suggest to post your problem on the Quality Center Forum. You may get better help over there.

Madan
Occasional Visitor
hussamgaggo
Message 11 of 14 (4,222 Views)

Re: Problem installing HP ALM 11 on WINDOWS VISTA

Hi all,

I have a problem installing ALM 11 on my laptop that runs Windows Vista Service Pack 2!. I downloaded the software from HP website, unzipped th folder and tried to install. Any idea or opinion is highly appreciated as I a m totally new to the test management tools, only in the last three days I have heard about this thing and I am trying to learn how to use this software.

Also I just created a username and HP paspport and want to know how to initiate a topic o discuss as I believe I am replying to someone topic.

Thanks and Regards

Hussam

Frequent Advisor
Lucian-Revnic
Message 12 of 14 (3,921 Views)

Re: Problem installing HP ALM 11.50 on WINDOWS 2008 R2

Hello,

I have an issue installing ALM 11.50 on top of MS SQL Server 2008 R2. In the HP ALM Service step in the installation wizard it's asking for username\password and it's also mentioning that I can introduce no credentials (in this case the local system account will be used)

Whatever I'm providing I receive a message saying "You must run the installation with the same user name that is used to run the ALM server as a service"

If I'm using MS SQL auth. I cannot pass the next step when I'm receiving "User 'td' already exists..." even I don't have any td user...

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Lucian

Occasional Visitor
clbrk
Message 13 of 14 (3,381 Views)

If you have all done by default, you can try

- with default MSSQL user named 'sa' with no password, or with your local user password.

Occasional Visitor
reddy2011
Message 14 of 14 (2,268 Views)

Hi, I have same issue to configure after instalation of Alm 11.52 on windoes server 2008

Plz share me if you resoved the issue.

Regards

Reddy

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.