07-10-2014 04:30 AM
Need to understand the prerequiste for silverlite protocol when we are using Vugen 11.52 / 12 version.
Let me know any whitepapers / Technical documents on this.
We have raised HP Support request on the above issue. (4648828496)
07-10-2014 11:14 AM
Hope you are fine!
I have collected these information and basically there are some requisites and good points you may know:
LoadRunner 11.52 information:
- REST services do not generate Silverlight service calls. However they can be recorded and replayed.
- You cannot edit the WSDL location in the Protocol and Security Scenario dialog box.
- The Update button in the Silverlight Service node of the Recording Options dialog box updates the service if the WSDL location has not changed.
- If the WSDL location has changed, the service is re-imported (delete service and import service).
- Duplex (Polling) Binding for WCF Web Services is not supported.
- Silverlight 4 and 5 clients are supported, however applications developed using the new communication features such as net.tcp binding are not supported.
- The VuGen snapshot viewer does not support Silverlight controls.
- The Silverlight Protocol does not support applications which use Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
LoadRunner 12.00 additional information:
- Silverlight suppor for the latest version and IP Spoofing.
I have attached two User Guides that contains information about Silverlight protocol and pending on what you would like to perform, there you can find valuable info to create a good Load Test.
HP LoadRunner User Guide --> Pages:
801 Silverlight Protocol
How to import WSDL files...
802 Troubleshooting and Limitations....
This is a reference link to know more about Silverlight on LR 11.00. Good information can be found on that link:
Kindly waiting your reply promptly.