Pacing vs think time (334 Views)
Occasional Visitor
KrishnaAnandi
Message 1 of 3 (334 Views)

Pacing vs think time

Hi All,

I am a newbie to LoadRunner. I would like to knw the difference between pacing and think time ? Is it mandatory to set pacing and think time during the test ? If so Y and what happens if pacing and think time are ignored ? 

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 2 of 3 (322 Views)

Re: Pacing vs think time

Hi,

Pacing allows you to control the time between iterations. The pace tells the Vuser how long to wait between iterations of your actions.

Think time enables you to configure the think time settings, controlling the time that a VuGen waits between actions. It is designed to help you emulate a real user. VuGen uses lr_think_time functions to record think time values into your Vuser scripts.

You can find additional information about these settings in LoadRunner user guide.

If the think time or iteration pacing approaches zero, or almost none the test will may show higher resource consumption on the server which should increase with the number of  vusers used during the test.

The choicing think time settings and Pacing will depend on your business process and the type of test you need: real-world load testing or stress testing.

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Valued Contributor
Ajay_U
Message 3 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: Pacing vs think time

Go through the below link and let me know if you need any help.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Forum/Think-Time-vs-Pacing/m-p/2392293#M144

Thanks, Ajay

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.