09-05-2013 12:45 PM
Has anyone tested Oracle RPM (retail price management) 13.2 with LR?
Which protocol was used for scripting?
In our organization RPM is launched via a URL as a jnlp file.
Uses Java 1.6 RTE and java web start.
Is Java over HTTP advised? I did try recording with this p[protocol. However always got an error message mentioning Java Virtual Machine cannot be created. Works fine manually though.
09-05-2013 09:42 PM
To resolve this issue, download a copy of the JNLP launch file (e.g. "App.jnlp") to the Vugen recording platforms placing it in:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\
Edit this file to:
- Reduce the value of "max-heap-size" to "128m",
- Removing network references to the App.jnlp file.
For example making the following modifications to the JNLP launch file (e.g. "App.jnlp") will allow the Java application to be recorded:
j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" initial-heap-size="128m" max-heap-size="512m"
j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" initial-heap-size="128m" max-heap-size="128m"
<jnlp codebase="http://server:40001/App1/" href="App.jnlp" spec="1.0">
<jnlp codebase="http://server:40001/App1/" spec="1.0">
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\App.jnlp
09-06-2013 08:50 AM
Java Record and Reply would not capture a Web part of your application. Java over HTTP or Web. For web though it does require to set it up like it mentions here:
If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
09-08-2013 07:05 PM
Have worked with RPM on LR9.52.
I dont think it would be way different. Couple of things to note.
1. I record using the main class method and not batch file. This detail is in your JNLP file.
2. Download all the JARs required into a local folder and reference the individual JARs in your JVM Class path. Through UI, this is in JAVA FUNCTIONS > Add location / Add file. Manually, you can edit the default.cfg in your script folder for this.
3. Get access to the code : - To understand the function calls, do custom edits, tweak hooks etc, you will need it. If you get an rpm developer, better still.
4. Not the easiest application to work with. The final scripts in my case were completely custom coded. Note I was only maintaining the set, and often wonder how the original scripts were completely custom coded. It almost is like writing up a RPM client side.
5. Read up on user hooks, you will need to change the default hooks, create your own, record and re-record to get the accurate set of calls in code without unneccessary junk.
All the best, I can say its the most complicated set of scripts i ever came accross.
If the total vuser count is low, look at alternatives such as RDP / QTP. QTP too has some issues working with all of the controls.
04-07-2015 08:02 AM
I am trying to record the RPM module of Oracle MOM 14.1 suite with the HP Load runner . However RPM is using the T3 protocol. It is not able to capute the event. Appriciate if someone could please let me undersatnd whether the HP Load runner could support the natively t3 protocol.