Not able to record by VuGen11+Windows7 also, events are not increasing (644 Views)
Frequent Visitor
anapar
Message 1 of 9 (644 Views)

Not able to record by VuGen11+Windows7 also, events are not increasing

Hi All,

I have an application based on java platform and invoked through web URL (using jnlp).

I am trying to record this using LR11 on windows7 but When I record using "Web (HTTP/HTML)" it is not recording it and also events are increasing.

Only the initialization part is captured by Vugen where the application is launched via JNLP. I don't see any actions recorded after that.

Details:

• Its a client-server Application developed on java platform
  • Windows7 (32 bit) + LR11
  • PRotocol tried: Web(html/http) and java over HTTP

Thanks in Advance.

Advisor
Raghavendra
Message 2 of 9 (611 Views)

Re: Not able to record by VuGen11+Windows7 also, events are not increasing

HI

Seems to be JNLP file is having issue with heap size. please contact your developer to reduce the heapsize .. to record the events.

this might works...

regards

Raghavendra

Advisor
vprasadreddyk
Message 3 of 9 (572 Views)

HI Raghavendra,

I am trying to generate the script using web(HTTP/HTML) & Flex protocals.But events not recorded when i tried to record..but it's working properly 2 days back. Please let me know the solution to solve this problem.

Regards,

PRasad

Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 4 of 9 (557 Views)

Hi,

Please check no antivirus running on the system. Make sure DEP is turned off. System Properties > Advance > Performance Settings >  Data Execution Prevention (or you can add vugen as an expection program) which would all vugen to capture events from web calls.

If this help you then try with different capture levels. Vugen > Recording Options > Network: Port Mapping > Capture Levels

Following are the capture levels which you can try recording with or regenerating the existing script with:

1. Socket level data

2. WinINet level data

3. Socket level and WinINet level data

Good Luck!!! I hope this helps you.

Thank you,

Regards,

Champ

Advisor
vprasadreddyk
Message 5 of 9 (551 Views)

Hi,

Thanks fof you reply. I tried with all options like DEP settings and Port ampping settings..,etc but no luck.

Please If you have any idea plz share..

Regards,

Prasad

Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 6 of 9 (542 Views)

Interesting, as far as you have ensured that there is no antivirus running and no DEP blockage for the program and you have right recording options in place it should work. I don't see any reason for no event generation. It might be worth having check on ports to which you application talks, if the port is open for the communication or blocked by FW.

I would suggest you to try with with different machine where you have vugen component. Have you verified if Vugen record other application on the same protocol/recording option selection?

Good Luck!!!

Thank you.

Regards,

Ajay Kumar

Advisor
vprasadreddyk
Message 7 of 9 (539 Views)

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for quick Reply.

I have disabled antivirus,DEP,FW  but no luck.

I tried with google.co.in but events not recording.if try with multiple times able to record one time maximun agian facing same problem.all LR FW peoples saying about DEP ,Antivirus & Portmapping Setting.i tried with all Given Options but  no Luck!

Id der any another solution Plz share to me .

Thanks & Regards,

Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 8 of 9 (535 Views)

One last option uninstall loadrunner and do clean installation and reboot the system. Trust me there is no other option to get rid of this issue you have got all the possible solution to overcome this issue. So try this last option or else u have to change the system and try. I wish I could have seen it personally. Good Luck. Thanks Ajay Kumar
Advisor
vprasadreddyk
Message 9 of 9 (531 Views)

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for quick reply.

I can Re-install LR but the main problem is am working with product based Application at the start of Performance testing we did lot of changes in loadrunner now we dont have documentation for those changes.So, we are worrying about that.This problem i am facing suddenly only.perviously it's working fine and also i have done one application performance in same setup only.

Thanks & regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.