Re: New HPLoadRunner User would like installation recommendations (207 Views)
Occasional Visitor
WinAdmin
Message 1 of 3 (238 Views)
Accepted Solution

New HPLoadRunner User would like installation recommendations

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am looking for clear information on installing loadrunner 11.5 components separately. Is there such a document that can explain the steps or recommended practice in english using the correct names of the binaries and explains the purpose of the components. I see there is a full setup option that installs analysis, controller, virtual user simulator and others together, can these be separated?

I read about installing the load generator separately by using the setuploadgenerator.exe but I do not see this in 11.5.

Has the LG now been renamed Virtual user simulator, if not where is it?

Windows 2008 r2 Datacenter

Amazon VM

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from LoadRunner / Performance Center > Best Practices and Methodology to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
shiv_p
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: New HPLoadRunner User would like installation recommendations

Hi,

You can refer the installation guide for details about installing different components.

Basically, there are two options

1) Complete installation

2) Choose to install either VuGen or Analysis or Load Generator.

Please check the snap, you can see see a link...which says LoadRunner full set-up or choose VuGen, Analysis, Load Generator.

Hope this helps!

Occasional Visitor
WinAdmin
Message 3 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: New HPLoadRunner User would like installation recommendations

It does help thank you. The binaries i downloaded do not show these options i will try to download again

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.