Re: Negotiate Client -> Proxy SSL Handshake Failed : web/html protocol (1436 Views)
Occasional Visitor
vaswin
Message 1 of 4 (1,944 Views)

Negotiate Client -> Proxy SSL Handshake Failed : web/html protocol

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am currently recording an application which uses HTTPS commnucation.However, while recording the application I am able to see in the Vugen log - "Negotiate Client -> Proxy SSL handshake failed".
The application uses 1)Client side handshake 2) TLS 1.x 3) Ciphering - Last in the LR drop menu

I have tried the following option
1)Exported certificate file from loadrunner and placed it in bin/cert folder
2)Went to portmapping - to map the ipaddress - with above settings (inputs from dev team). When I click 'Test SSL' it says connection successful.

However, when I record the application - No traffic is generated for the transaction I am interested in + Recording log show Proxy Handshake failed.

Please help!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Occasional Visitor
Anoopjoy
Message 2 of 4 (1,475 Views)

Re: Negotiate Client -> Proxy SSL Handshake Failed : web/html protocol

Hi,

We found a similar issue that you posted. By any chance did you get it fixed? Can you please provide the steps?

Thanks

Anoop

Regular Advisor
KertLuo
Message 3 of 4 (1,462 Views)

Your application is not IE, right? 

It looks like the app has some strict policy regarding certificate. You need to make sure you have the SERVER side certificate in PEM format, with both certificate and key information inside it. (PEM is text based you can view it with any text editor and you should find a certificate section and key section inside it).

After you make sure you have the correct certificate, go to portmaiing RO dialog, set SSL as connection type for your HTTPS server's 443 port, and specify the certificate location mentioned above. Then try recording again.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 4 (1,436 Views)

[ Edited ]

>PEM is text based you can view it with any text editor

While it is text based, it is a binary DER file encoded using base64:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MII ...

-----END CERTIFICATE----

But on Windows, you should be able to open it to see the details.  (It may have to have a .crt suffix.)

For Linux, you need "openssl x509" to decode it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.