Re: Monitoring over Firewall : establish connection to monitor automatically (510 Views)
Advisor
jj164
Message 1 of 8 (566 Views)
Accepted Solution

Monitoring over Firewall : establish connection to monitor automatically

Hi

I use Loadrunner 11.52 over a Firewall. 2 Machines with Loadcontroller for Vuser scripts and one machine is configured for monitoring over firewall. LR Agent works as service on this machines. All of this three machines connect the MI listener over the firewall. Mi Listener and Loaccontroller are on the same machine. 

All works fine, when the connection to the Monitoring machine is established.  The Monitoring get the data from the servers configures servers,as it should be.

I test the availability of the load generators in the console they are displayed as "ready". I do not do this, the status of the monitor machine remains "down" and there are no monitor transferring data.

Is it possible to connect to the monitor was automatically activate when you test for example at night?

Regards,

Jens

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 2 of 8 (544 Views)

Re: Monitoring over Firewall : establish connection to monitor automatically

Hi Jens,

In LoadRunner scenarios can be run only manually i.e you should start the scenario.

Are you planning to use Jenkins or PC to execute tests at night?

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Advisor
jj164
Message 3 of 8 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hi,

Currently I use the internal timer.

Jenkins we use, but not currently available for load testing - our developers use an older version that does not run with the Jenkins plugin. In addition, the load controller and the Jenkins server are in separate Windows domains.
There is not the problem with the use of Jenkins?

I have found if I also want to start a script on the monitor machine, I get as expected returns an error, but the monitor get values. :-)

Regard Jens
HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 4 of 8 (528 Views)

Hi Jens,

It is strange because if the monitor gets values this means they are connected.
Could you please confirm if my understanding of your problem is correct?

1. You open a scenario
2. Change the load generators status to ready.
3. Set the scenario to start for example after 2 hours
4. Click start scenario button and “Scenario Start Delayed” window opens

DelayedScenarioStart.png

5. When the test starts, the status of the monitor over firewall in the load generators list is down and you receive the error messages.

What error messages do you receive?

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Advisor
jj164
Message 5 of 8 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

not exactly:

I start the test 2 Days later, on Friday for Sunday. We have only testtime on our backand on a weekend.

In this time, the connections to the LG/monitor  are down again and come not back when the test start. I get no error message- and no data from monitor.

Regards, Jens

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 6 of 8 (519 Views)

Hi Jens,

1. If monitor over Firewall(MOFW) LG is included in the LR scenario and the
  2. MOFW is available when the scenario starts

then the monitor data collected through the MOFW agent will be used in that scenario.

Based on your explanation requirement 1 is met, so please check if the MOFW is available when the scenario starts and if it is not, please open a case with support to investigate further the issue.

Please provide the exact error message

Kind regards,

HP Support
Advisor
jj164
Message 7 of 8 (517 Views)

Hi,

I have starrt a new testscenarion, thats run in 2 days.  I look tomorrow morning, if the MOFW agent is active or not.

Jens

Advisor
jj164
Message 8 of 8 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It's Wednesday morning and the MOFW is still active. Everything Good.

I guess I had not yet activated manually connect to the MOFW on my first load test with firewall, or the network connection was accidentally shut down.

I'll be watching it when the end of the month, the next load test is pending.

Thanks for the support,

Jens

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.