Mi Listener and Proxy start neded (1231 Views)
Advisor
jj164
Message 1 of 7 (1,231 Views)
Accepted Solution

Mi Listener and Proxy start neded

I must use Loadrunner through a proxy. I found the configuration for the MI Listener. I did not find the MI Listener and Proxy to start or install as service. How can I do this? Ih have a full Installation of Loadrunner 11.52 SP1.

The user Guide described only the configuration on site 1115-1131.

Somehow I do not see where I can start the listener and proxy!

I think it is simple and I m to stupid :-)

Jens

HP Expert
MarkSmith
Message 2 of 7 (1,216 Views)

Re: Mi Listener and Proxy start needed

Could you clarify what you mean by use "LoadRunner through a proxy" - do you mean over a firewall, that is, where the Load Generators and application under test (AUT) are located on the other side of a firewall to the Controller? This is when you would typically use the MI Listener.

The MI Listener software is located in the "Standalone Applications" folder under "Additional Components" within the LoadRunner 11.50 software kit. You can install the MI Listener on the same machine as the LoadRunner Controller or a dedicated machine that is located on the same side of the firewall as your Controller.

If you wish to monitors servers during a load test that are located "over the firewall", that is, on the other side of the firewall to the Controller and MI Listener, you need to also install the Monitor Over Firewall component software which can be found in the same location as the MI Listener.

There is no actual proxy software required if you use the TCP configuration in the Over-Firewall configuration, you just need to arrange for traffic to be allowed to originate from Load Generators and Monitor Over Firewall machines and pass through the firewall to the MI Listener machine. Some network configuration may also be necessary to ensure that traffic to the MI Listener is routed to the firewall. Otherwise follow the steps from page 1115 onwards in the User Guide.

Best regards - Mark

Advisor
jj164
Message 3 of 7 (1,208 Views)

Yes I mean through a firewall.

Ok, I understand that I do not need a special proxy software, I use normal routing   on IP Level. I have installed the "  Loadrunner complete Setup" and understand the MI Listener is included. I found the "MI Listener Configuration" in the Start Menu that's start .LoadRunner\launch_service\bin\MILsnConfig.exe an can it use to configure the service. 

Is it necessary to the MI Listener machine special software to start? I assumed that it is necessary and seeking the appropriate exe file.  When not, what does the "MI Listener Configuration" in the system change?

Jens

HP Expert
MarkSmith
Message 4 of 7 (1,196 Views)

The LoadRunner Full Setup installs the main LoadRunner components - VuGen, Controller, Analysis and the Load Generator and includes the MI Listener as per the section "LoadRunner Installation Components" in the LoadRunner Installation Guide. So it should be present but still has to be configured and this is done by following the steps in the section "MI Listener Configuration Dialog Box" on page 1126.

The MI Listener listens on port 443. Follow the steps in the section "Firewalls - Troubleshooting and Limitations" to make sure your MI Listener machine can be reached on port 443 from over-the-firewall machines.

Best regards - Mark

Advisor
jj164
Message 5 of 7 (1,184 Views)

I have found that the MI Listener is a part of the  Loadraunner agent - I do  restart  the Loadrunner Agent after the MI listenr Configuration.  That's correct?

Best regards Jens

HP Expert
MarkSmith
Message 6 of 7 (1,177 Views)

Yes that will ensure that your MI Listener configuration is picked up.

Best regards - Mark

Advisor
jj164
Message 7 of 7 (1,172 Views)

MarkSmith wrote:

Yes that will ensure that your MI Listener configuration is picked up.

Best regards - Mark

I have it understand :-)

Many Thanks

Jens

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.