Re: Loadrunner license VuGEN vs Controller (653 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jochem Bermon
Message 1 of 5 (1,342 Views)

Loadrunner license VuGEN vs Controller

Our Loadrunner license consist of two parts, one for the Controller and one for the virtual users.

Does this mean that we can install VuGEN on multiple machines for scripting without adding another license?\

Thank you in advance.

Frequent Advisor
asr_Dennis
Message 2 of 5 (1,336 Views)

Re: Loadrunner license VuGEN vs Controller

Hello Jochem,

The licensing applies only to your controller and the number of VU in relation to your protocols.

You can  install VuGen on multiple machines.

On VuGen all protocols are available.

But you can only run your script as an single VU.

NB: If this solves your problem / helps you on the way, consider acknowledging with Kudos. To kudo a post, select the white star in the purple square by the post in the thread.
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 3 of 5 (1,321 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yep with vugen you can install it anywhere and you can run 1 user of any protocol you want without any license.

I assume the reason for this is so you can see if a protocol works for you before getting licensed for it. But you can only run 1 user in vugen and not a full load test, so you're able to test out protocols but if you want to actually run with more than 1 user you'll need a licence. Unless you open up multiple instances of vugen ;)

Visitor
rameshbabu
Message 4 of 5 (677 Views)

Is there any document of HP that says we do not require any licence for VUGen.If so kindly let me know please.
Frequent Advisor
asr_Dennis
Message 5 of 5 (653 Views)

Hello Ramesh,

I do not know if there is such a document.

I know one thing for sure that you do not have do anything on your VuGen installation to make it work.

Just install and it works.

No license key to enter, no license file to import or what so ever.

The new Loadrunner 12.00 comes with a free community license with a perpetual 50VU bundle.

Download is also free.

Only one side note: You can only install Loadgenerator and Controller on the same machine, not on seperate machines.

I suggest you use Loadrunner 12.00 with the community license.

Read the readme's and decide if this is what you are looking for.

With kind regards,

NB: If this solves your problem / helps you on the way, consider acknowledging with Kudos. To kudo a post, select the white star in the purple square by the post in the thread.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.