Re: Loadrunner 11.52 testing Oracle Fusion (RMS - Java Applet) (1535 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Dan_J_Corey
Message 1 of 17 (1,680 Views)

Loadrunner 11.52 testing Oracle Fusion (RMS - Java Applet)

[ Edited ]

I'm making an attempt to test an application based on Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g. Specifically, I'm working with Oracle Retail Merchandising System. RMS uses Java 1.6_25. The application launches a Java applet via browser.

Has anyone successfully tested with Oracle Fusion 11g?

Here's a brief summary of what I've seen:
* While recording with Web+NCA protocol, only web functions are recorded
* While recording with Oracle Web11i, only web functions are recorded
* While recording Java over http only web functions are recorded and the BodyBinary data (see below) still causes issues with improper playback
* While recording with Web, (of course) web functions are recorded
* As an aside, TruClient used to work for recording but the app mysteriously moved outside the browser into a Java App. TruClient no longer works.

The problem with the web functions are that regardless of actual outcome (for example, creating an item) we receive an http 200 (ok) for any request that is made. So I'm seeing success on playback when the script is actually erroring somewhere.

The origin of the problem (I think) lies in the binary data being passed from client to server. Nearly every web call has BodyBinary content. I believe it is this BodyBinary which is not properly being correlated. There's also a ton of binary coming back in the responses. I suppose maybe this binary needs analysis and correlation. But... is there a different way?

Two questions:
1. Has anyone ever tested Oracle Fusion and if so what is the best method and protocol?
2. Generally in terms of testing Java applications, could I get a hold of .jar files and leverage them to create a more understandable data structure from the binary data? How big of a job is that?

---

EDIT: Grammar

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 2 of 17 (1,647 Views)

Re: Loadrunner 11.52 testing Oracle Fusion (RMS - Java Applet)

1. RMS uses Oracle forms and should be working ok with the Oracle NCA + Web protocol. I am working on RMS scripts (not recording though from scratch) and hence it could be a version mismatch. Do this ... Open a new OracleNCA + Web Protocol, then save it on you disk. Go into the script directory, and you should be able to see a default.cfg file. Add the following to it :

[NCA_GENERAL]
NcaTimerWaitMode=0

Save the file.

Open the script from vugen and try recording.

Repeat the above with 0,1,2,3 as values for the TimerWaitMode.

2. Java based thick clients including swings and applets download the jars to the local machine on invocation. These jar file locations should be configured on the classpath / passed to lr to enable recording. However I doubt if that is what you need for the NCA protocol you are facing with RMS.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Dan_J_Corey
Message 3 of 17 (1,638 Views)

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
SergeyKutsos
Message 4 of 17 (1,631 Views)

Hi,

Do you use IPv6?

Is it possible to see the recorded script?

Thanks,

Sergey

-----
Sergey Kutsos | LoadRunner QA
LoadRunner - Your performance, Our passion!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Dan_J_Corey
Message 5 of 17 (1,628 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sure.  Here's a very basic script that simply logs in.  Notice the BodyBinary data.  Not sure why vugen wouldn't see that data as an NCA call.  There must be something wrong in my config (or possibly app config?), but I haven't figured out what it is yet.  

EDIT: Regarding IPv6, when I look at the traffic in wireshark it was all IPv4, so I can safely assume there is no IPv6 involved.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
SergeyKutsos
Message 6 of 17 (1,619 Views)

Thanks for the details sharing. Mostlikely it's a LoadRunner defect related to IPv6 network using.

It should work well when you work via IPv4. Is it possible to check?

If it's related to IPv6, please contact LR Support to get a hotfix.

Thanks,

Sergey

-----
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Dan_J_Corey
Message 7 of 17 (1,617 Views)

Hey Sergey, thanks for the response.

There is no IPv6 involved. So this is not an IPv6 issue.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
SergeyKutsos
Message 8 of 17 (1,614 Views)

Ok, anyway, I would suggest to contact Support, because the script generation process goes wrong in your case.

Thanks,

Sergey

-----
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 9 of 17 (1,610 Views)

Now this is my problem too. I know a colleague who is facing the same problem.

Interestingly, in your script the NCA traffic is recorded ( "GDay" ) as web custom request.

Which tells me that the issue is with LR not recognizing and decrypting the NCA traffic as needed.

Add on, the colleague was successfully working with the older version of Oracle Forms without any issue, its only the latest version of forms which he had an issue with. PLUS, since trying the new version via VUGEN, even the older version forms seems not to record.

So i reckon this is a problem for the support to solve. Please keep us updated on the progress.

Good luck.

Regards,

AJ

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
SergeyKutsos
Message 10 of 17 (1,593 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi AJ,

What Oracle Forms version does the colleague use?
Does he/she work over IPv6?

Thanks,
Sergey

-----
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Dan_J_Corey
Message 11 of 17 (1,587 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is an HP defect.  

If you're seeing this behavior and all other configs are correct you'd need to contact HP for the hotfix (I was asked to not post here).  You won't have permission to see the SR, but if you reference my SR (4645231194) I'd hope the HP support person could quickly find the hotfix and provide to you so you don't have to wait as long as I did to find it.  

I still have an unusual issue in that vugen doesn't appear to recover from code generation, but I think I need a reboot.  Action.c now has NCA calls when I view it via the file system.  

This defect was apparently discovered a couple hours after 11.52 was released.  I was told that it is scheduled for the next service pack.

EDIT: Formatting and spelling

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
SergeyKutsos
Message 12 of 17 (1,557 Views)

The fix will be a part of upcomming release.

Please mark the topic resolved.

Thanks,

Sergey

-----
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Dan_J_Corey
Message 13 of 17 (1,551 Views)

This fix breaks design studio, so now that I'm able to record NCA traffic I'm unable to perform auto-correlation.  I hadn't realized how accustomed I've gotten to Design Studio (easily navigating the correlations is very nice) until it broke!  

This is why vugen doesn't recover after code generation, it's trying to bring up an unresponsive design studio.  

So yes, the primary issue of this thread is resolved but unfortunately another issue has been put in its place.  I've emailed the second level support person for an answer.  If I receive an answer, I'll post it here.  

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 14 of 17 (1,544 Views)

Hi All,

Here is an update from my colleague, who managed to fix this issue even without the hotfix.

So it seems that the URL pattern for the latest version of Oracle forms has an additional parameter to the the web url

The URL ends in:

jsessionid=xxxxxxxxxxxx&ifsession=yyyyy in the latest recording

vs

jsessionid=xxxxxxxxxx in the previous version

so my colleague then created his own HTML file that launches the application, this time without the ifsession parameter.

The Oracle NCA code generator looks at the URL and does not identify it as a NCA communication channel because of this additional parameter.

Regards,

AJ

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Dan_J_Corey
Message 15 of 17 (1,535 Views)

Hey AJ, 

Do you think you can do me a solid and post your nca_set_connect_opt info here?  

I can't establish a connection to my NCA server, so I'm thinking I need to change my connect options.  Of course I've already tried increasing the max retries and retry interval.  No luck.  

I'm going to have to open another ticket with HP if I can't get this figured out in the next few hours, but I figure if I can successfully use your connection settings easily and quickly we can save HP, my client and me some grief.  

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 16 of 17 (1,517 Views)

Hi Dan,

Do you really need the NCA_set_connect_opt?

Here you go:

/***********************

char* JavaProp[][3] = {{"WEBUTIL_WEBUTIL_BROWSER_FUNCTIONS_0", "WUC_CHECK_ERROR", "0,"},

{0,0,0}};

nca_set_connect_opt(SCALE_INFO, 8, 21);

nca_set_connect_opt(REQUIRED_LIST, 0);

nca_java_set_reply_property(JavaProp);

************************/

If I wasnt clear enough, want to repeat that the issue with VUGEN, that my colleague identified, was that the URL to which NCA traffic was flowing, now had a new additional parameter in the URL.

This confused the code generator and hence the request was being seen as a web_custom request instead of NCA.

This parameter in the URL however, wasnt always needed and hence my colleague just created his own HTML file which invokes the application without that additional parameter.

And presto, the traffic now gets recorded without any issues.

Hope you are able to get out of the situation soon.

Regards,

AJ

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sivapp
Message 17 of 17 (943 Views)

Hi.am not able to find ifsession in my request.please help me  any other way is there to correlate binary data.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation