Loadrunner 11.52 "generator using over 80% CPU" (10330 Views)
Advisor
Message 26 of 37 (2,348 Views)

Re: Loadrunner 11.52 "generator using over 80% CPU"

On our systems, load generators as VM's running Windows Server 2008 R2; at suggestion of our operations folks, we removed OV agents & configured agent-less monitoring on controller & all load generator servers:  this seemed to help on most of our load testing applications, regarding "80% CPU" error, more than anything else we tried.  However, I'm now seeing "80%" generator CPU issue, again, with another HTTP app, involving WebFOCUS, with relatively small number of virtual users.  WebFOCUS application is one we've never load tested before-- so am investigating that...

Occasional Advisor
Message 27 of 37 (2,288 Views)

Facing the same issue - Please find the details below

LR 11.52 patch 1

Protocol Used-Single/ Web(HTTP/HTML)

No of Users- 100

Running the Controller As Admin.

Please find the attached snapshots.

Kindly help asap.

HP Expert
Message 28 of 37 (2,275 Views)

Hi nikil1043,

As I mentioned in previous posts this message was added in LR 11.50 so you would not see it in previous versions.

HP Expert
Message 29 of 37 (2,274 Views)

Hi Nitiniit07,

Please make sure the following:

1) The CPU usage is caused by mmdrv process and not some other process such as Antivirus/Backup/IT script

2) The LG is not really overloaded, this is more tricky to check but try to see how much CPU a single vUser is using. The CPU usage depends on the script code and on the runtime settings. For example, make sure there is think time and no logging as these two things can increase the CPU usage.

If 1 and 2 didn't help please check the Hits per second graph. If it drops to 0 during the CPU 100% period please contact me directly at kozo@hp.com

In the past couple of months I spoke to many customers regarding this error message and all but one had problems 1 or 2 as described above. Only one customer encountered a real issue which we are investigating now.

Thanks,

Boris.

Advisor
Message 30 of 37 (2,084 Views)

Hello

I guess i've found a workaround soln to this problem.

In the bin folder that is in LR installation folder (C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\bin) there should be a file named: mdrv.exe.config

Could you rename this file to "mdrv.exe.config_" and try to rerun the vusers ?

Regards.
Occasional Advisor
Message 31 of 37 (1,976 Views)

This mdrv.exe file is located on the generator, correct??

Do I just need to rename the existing file and then run the test again or do I first need to make a copy of the file and then rename the original?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

S_Z
Occasional Visitor
Message 32 of 37 (1,369 Views)

I am geeting erroe message "CPU usage load generator has exceted 80%"

Load Runner version 11.52

install on windows 7.

need solution ASAP

Occasional Visitor
Message 33 of 37 (1,243 Views)

I am having the same issue. I found some information on this blog - http://blogs.hexaware.com/quality-assurance-and-testing-services/loadrunner-runtime-settings-%E2%80%...

I'm trying to test this out setting my vusers to run as a thread instead of a process, but I can't figure out where to set that in my version of LR

We use version 11.52

Anyone have a clue where to set this? It's in the run time settings, but all of the screen shots I see are older versions of LR.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Teri

Occasional Visitor
Message 34 of 37 (637 Views)

Hi boris

is this issue arrving when i am using vuser running as a process by using sap gui protocal.it's display's the cpu utlization crosses the 80 %.but trnasction are mainly passed.

we have increse the cpu utlization in my client machine then it's e solved?

Thanks in advance

_Buzzy wrote:

Hi Nitiniit07,

Please make sure the following:

1) The CPU usage is caused by mmdrv process and not some other process such as Antivirus/Backup/IT script

2) The LG is not really overloaded, this is more tricky to check but try to see how much CPU a single vUser is using. The CPU usage depends on the script code and on the runtime settings. For example, make sure there is think time and no logging as these two things can increase the CPU usage.

If 1 and 2 didn't help please check the Hits per second graph. If it drops to 0 during the CPU 100% period please contact me directly at kozo@hp.com

In the past couple of months I spoke to many customers regarding this error message and all but one had problems 1 or 2 as described above. Only one customer encountered a real issue which we are investigating now.

Thanks,

Boris.

Valued Contributor
Message 35 of 37 (626 Views)

You can launch windows Task manager , Click on Performance Tab and click on Resource Monitor.

In Resource monitor click on CPU tab. Select Vugen/ mmdrv process and watch its resources. This way you can also see your multicore distribution as well as check Mem, disk and network.

If you are using perfmon then see how is your processor queue length is behaving. You need to monitor resources on machine little before and after test to identify these are real test peaks in your consistent runs.

Tnx!

Frequent Visitor
Message 36 of 37 (507 Views)

hi

I also have this problem, i find that when run the mmdrv.exe use many cpu resource. have u solved this problem, if u know how to solve it, please tell me . thank you very much!!!

Occasional Advisor
Message 37 of 37 (244 Views)

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the previous response.

Going lil out of context of this forum as couldn't find one for my queries-

I generated an HTTP/HTML web protocol based script  in VUgen 12.0 and I ran the same in controller 11.52 version for 1 and 25 users respectively.

Problem 1 ->

My script has around 700+ business transaction for my application and its working without any errors when run in Vugen and controlller for 1 user but when I put load of 25 users on the same I am seeing errors with web_reg_find's for few users, what could be the cause and how to fix that. PFA snapshot - web_reg_find faliures when run for multiple users

Problem 2 ->

Out of 700 transactions I can see 300+ transactions response time caputred for 1 user is > time captured for 25 users, what could be the reason. PFA Excel - Comparison for 300+ transactions

Note- I am running my script with the approperiate run time setting clear cache on each iteration so caching could not be the reason in case of more users.

Problem 3 ->

The time taken in controller for single user to complete the run for 700 transactions is greater then 25 users run, why is it so. PFA Snapshot - 1 user run completion time greater then 25 user run completion time in controller

Best Regards,

Nitin Bali

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.