Loadrunner 11.52 "generator using over 80% CPU" (2889 Views)
Advisor
greyhelm
Message 26 of 31 (774 Views)

Re: Loadrunner 11.52 "generator using over 80% CPU"

On our systems, load generators as VM's running Windows Server 2008 R2; at suggestion of our operations folks, we removed OV agents & configured agent-less monitoring on controller & all load generator servers:  this seemed to help on most of our load testing applications, regarding "80% CPU" error, more than anything else we tried.  However, I'm now seeing "80%" generator CPU issue, again, with another HTTP app, involving WebFOCUS, with relatively small number of virtual users.  WebFOCUS application is one we've never load tested before-- so am investigating that...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Nitiniit07
Message 27 of 31 (714 Views)

Facing the same issue - Please find the details below

LR 11.52 patch 1

Protocol Used-Single/ Web(HTTP/HTML)

No of Users- 100

Running the Controller As Admin.

Please find the attached snapshots.

Kindly help asap.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 28 of 31 (701 Views)

Hi nikil1043,

As I mentioned in previous posts this message was added in LR 11.50 so you would not see it in previous versions.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 29 of 31 (700 Views)

Hi Nitiniit07,

Please make sure the following:

1) The CPU usage is caused by mmdrv process and not some other process such as Antivirus/Backup/IT script

2) The LG is not really overloaded, this is more tricky to check but try to see how much CPU a single vUser is using. The CPU usage depends on the script code and on the runtime settings. For example, make sure there is think time and no logging as these two things can increase the CPU usage.

If 1 and 2 didn't help please check the Hits per second graph. If it drops to 0 during the CPU 100% period please contact me directly at kozo@hp.com

In the past couple of months I spoke to many customers regarding this error message and all but one had problems 1 or 2 as described above. Only one customer encountered a real issue which we are investigating now.

Thanks,

Boris.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mehmet
Message 30 of 31 (510 Views)

Hello

I guess i've found a workaround soln to this problem.

In the bin folder that is in LR installation folder (C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\bin) there should be a file named: mdrv.exe.config

Could you rename this file to "mdrv.exe.config_" and try to rerun the vusers ?

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Lata Patel
Message 31 of 31 (397 Views)

This mdrv.exe file is located on the generator, correct??

Do I just need to rename the existing file and then run the test again or do I first need to make a copy of the file and then rename the original?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation