LoadRunner url with functionallity problem to replay (220 Views)
Occasional Contributor
fugmag
Message 1 of 4 (220 Views)

LoadRunner url with functionallity problem to replay

Hi,

I hope this forum can help me with this challenge:

I am recording a LoadRunner script on a "rich internet application" (RIA). On the webapplication there is i.e. an arrow I could click and then a radio-button collection appears and a submit button. During recording I log on to the site an navigate to the "arrow-page" expalined above. I click on the arrow and choose a value and press submit. The below code is recorded in the script:

web_submit_data("bla_bla_2", 

"Action=http://e34jbsl00267.somesone.se:8080/xxx/xxx/81174/xxx?5-1.IBehaviorListener.0-considerSomeList considerSomeRepeater-4-considerSomeListItem-considerSomeMain-innerPanel-considerDetails-considerForm considerRulesChoices",
            "Method=POST",

As you can see the URL created in the script contains a lot of refrences to GUI elements and a listener ++.

Replaying the script result in 500 error and pasting the url above into a browser also gives me an error page.

I also trid to remove some of the url acctually all the gui refrences and listeners so I have this instead:

http://e34jbsl00267.somesone.se:8080/xxx/xxx/81174/xxx?5

Than the script does not retrun an error, and if I lok at the viewer during replay I can see that the "arrow" is not clicked.

Obviously the gui elements and listeners in the URL represents som "functionallity" but pasting into a browser rsults in an error probalably indicating that "scope" or sourrounding code or "state" plays a role here. As in what type of state the session object is in before and after the click on "Submit".

There is no way of correlating these values because it seems they are made on the client.

I was adviced on a another forum to correlate elements on the line, but I do not know what that means:

____________________________________________________________________________________

The replay browser is not full featured, so consider the log as authoritative. As you have dynamic elements in play then it seems likely that you will need to correlate elements on the line. And yes, TruClient is the route for True asynchronous apps. It is possible to have the JaX components (without the A) and still have a synchronous HTML business process.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Anybody experienced these kind of long urls with "functionallity built into them" before and maybe have some tips on how to deal with this.

BTW: recording and replaying works fine in TruClient, but I wish to stick to regular http protocoll even though this is an ajax web app.

Cheers

Magnus

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
JSmith
Message 2 of 4 (184 Views)

Re: LoadRunner url with functionallity problem to replay

Magnus,

What about a session value? Is there one anywhere? Usually a viewstate or something similar is passed in an ajax post when there are many objects on the page.

One approach might be recording the script several times and comparing the resulting requests for changes. The values that change in the request are likely what you will need to correlate.

Jamie

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
fugmag
Message 3 of 4 (179 Views)

JSmith:

I allready correlated the jsessionid manually.

Viewstate: is something I do not know about. Interresting! what is that?

BR

Magnus

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
JSmith
Message 4 of 4 (157 Views)

Viewstate is typcally an encrypted value that .NET web apps use to maintain the state of the components on a page after postbacks.

Since you have jsessionid, I'm assuming you're testing a java based app and viewstate wouldn't be applicable.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation