Re: LoadRunner 11.52 - Support for .NET 1.1 Remoting? (164 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Andrew Nightingale
Message 1 of 3 (189 Views)
Accepted Solution

LoadRunner 11.52 - Support for .NET 1.1 Remoting?

Does LR 11.52 support testing of older .NET applications which utilize .NET version 1.1 remoting? This older application will be newly acquired for us, so we do not have the luxury of having "grown up" with it over time. I do not yet have access to the application to attempt a recording myself, so I am posing the question ahead of time to plan alternative options if the v1.1 support is not present.

When viewing the Recording Options within the VuGen 11.52, we have the option for "Emulate previous .NET versions in transport level", and this is the source of my question here in the forum. The description of this recording option says:

"Support for Remoting applications developed in Common Language Runtime version 2.0.50727 (.NET frameworks 2, 3, 3.5)"

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Andrew Nightingale
Message 2 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: LoadRunner 11.52 - Support for .NET 1.1 Remoting?

Moderators,

Would this question be more appropriate for the LoadRunner Customer Support Forum? If so, how can I move my post?

Regards,

-Andrew Nightingale

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Editus
Message 3 of 3 (164 Views)

Re: LoadRunner 11.52 - Support for .NET 1.1 Remoting?

Hello

I would say si not supported and not expected to work, however you will need to try  instructing the AUT to be launched in CLR v.4 runtime:

Mofify the app.exe.config file and add this

<configuration>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
</startup>
</configuration>

Applications that do not allow this modification to app.config are not supported in LR11.50 and you will need to try version 11.0

for additional details check on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bbx34a2h.aspx

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation