LoadRunner 11.52 - Java RMI - ORPOS Swing Client - Lot of undefined objects in the script (1183 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Vin77
Message 1 of 6 (1,183 Views)

LoadRunner 11.52 - Java RMI - ORPOS Swing Client - Lot of undefined objects in the script

We are trying to load test Oracle Retail Point of Sale (ORPOS) system using LoadRunner Java Record Replay RMI protocol. ORPOS client is a swing based client with all server communications via RMI.

I am using batch file to launch the client using LoadRunner 11.52. I configured all the necessary JDK and classpath settings. I added classpaths in the same order as the application under test.

I can get the application launched using LoadRunner. I could see the green class loading window and I see events being recorded. When I saw the recorded script, I could see a lot of undefined objects.

Following are 2 lines from the recorded script with undefined objects.

_name70 = <undefined>.addAll((javax.naming.Name)((oracle.retail.stores.foundation.naming.MailboxAddress)<undefined>))

_serializable15 = <undefined>.remoteTransport((oracle.retail.stores.foundation.tour.manager.ValetIfc)_storedatatransaction1);

Initially, I was tempted to use java.lang as the object definition for all these <undefined> objects, but I guess java.lang is too high level object that might cause more headaches.

I read a few articles online which mentioned about custom hooking. 

Can we assume that LoadRunner records <undefined> objects only when it is not able to hook onto a certain class?

If yes, how do I figure out which classes to be added to custom hooks? I understand that the developers of the product should have information on this. But, since this is a oracle product, I don't know how much time they need to send me that kind of information on custom classes/hooks. I thought I would ask the experts here first before going to oracle.

Can anyone shed some light? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 2 of 6 (1,140 Views)

Re: LoadRunner 11.52 - Java RMI - ORPOS Swing Client - Lot of undefined objects in the script

Yes, it is an indication of lacking hooks. It is good to sit with your developers and understand the call stack. Otherwise, enable the class dumping in the recording options and investigate what is missing in it.

Madan
Occasional Contributor
Vin77
Message 3 of 6 (1,125 Views)

Re: LoadRunner 11.52 - Java RMI - ORPOS Swing Client - Lot of undefined objects in the script

Thanks Madan. It worked after adding user hooks. However, I did observe that the custom hooks have to be at the individual class level. I tried using regular expression to include all classes in a particular package, but that did not work. I had to add specific classes and it worked well.

Thanks,

Vin

Occasional Visitor
vineetsachdeva
Message 4 of 6 (1,021 Views)

Please help and explain the process of identifying which hooks I need to put, I am facing a lot of challenges currently in this. 

Using POS Client and getting same <udnefined> errors, getting in touch with the developers is next to impossible, is there a workaround which can get all the <undefined> object's classes automatically hooked to LoadRunner?

Thanks.

HP Expert
vmanolova
Message 5 of 6 (1,018 Views)

Hi Vineetsachdeva,

Please reveiw the following knowledge document How to do Java custom hooking

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Frequent Advisor
Gyanendra
Message 6 of 6 (957 Views)

Hi,
I am facing same issue , not able to record any event using JVA record replay protocol. I am using loadrunner trial version . Is there any difference in Trial and license version . Can you please provide JDK setting and Classpath ( All class are in JAR file ). I am having desktop application launching from cmd file . Please help or mail me gsnegisoftware123@yahoo.co.in
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.