Re: LoadRunner 11.52 - Java RMI - JNDI Context Initialization hangs VUGen (501 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Vin77
Message 1 of 4 (590 Views)

LoadRunner 11.52 - Java RMI - JNDI Context Initialization hangs VUGen

We created a Java RMI script to for ORPOS (Oracle Retail Point of Sale) application. We are using LoadRunner 11.52 on Windows 7 (32 bit) with JDK 1.6.

I can compile the script without any errors. When I run the script, it stops at the JNDI context initialization line and after that VUGen hangs. I have to kill it from task manager. It stops at the following line. There is no error message in the output log.

new javax.naming.InitialContext

Following is the code snippet

_properties1 = System.getProperties();
_properties1.put("sun.desktop", "windows");
_properties1.put("sun.jnu.encoding", "Cp1252");
_properties1.put("sun.management.compiler", "HotSpot Client Compiler");
_properties1.put("sun.java.launcher", "SUN_STANDARD");
_properties1.put("sun.rmi.transport.tcp.responseTimeout", "5000");
System.setProperties(_properties1);

// Installing RMISecurityManager
if (System.getSecurityManager() == null)
System.setSecurityManager(new java.rmi.RMISecurityManager());

_dispatcher1 = oracle.retail.stores.foundation.tour.conduit.Dispatcher.getDispatcher();

oracle.retail.stores.foundation.config.TierLoader.loadTierProperties();

oracle.retail.stores.foundation.config.TierLoader.loadTierProperties();

_hashtable1 = new java.util.Hashtable();
_hashtable1.put("java.naming.provider.url","t3://{ServerName}:{Port}");
_hashtable1.put("java.naming.factory.initial","weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
// Initialize context
_initialcontext1 = new javax.naming.InitialContext(_hashtable1);

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Vin

Advisor
DmitryKrinitsyn
Message 2 of 4 (515 Views)

Re: LoadRunner 11.52 - Java RMI - JNDI Context Initialization hangs VUGen

Hello Vin

Could you please replay a script outside Vugen by executing a following console command: “mdrv –use <full path to script’s *.usr file>”. mdrv is located at LR’s bin folder.

Here is an example for my local environment:

c:\Program Files (x86)\HP\LoadRunner\bin>mdrv -usr "c:\Users\OracleNCA_Multi1\OracleNCA_Multi1.usr"

This test will allow us to determine what part of LR exactly causes the hang: since while replaying Vugen (UI) interact with mdrv (replay engine).

Please update us with result, to move forward with this case.

Thanks, Dmitry

Frequent Advisor
ArJ3N
Message 3 of 4 (501 Views)

Hi Vin,

Hopefully you have been able to get ahead of this problem with Dim's suggestions.

Just wondering if this is got anything to do with Security ... have you granted all rights on java security policy?

Also, while you dont get any errors on LR logs, would enabling the JVM Console Logs help to see if there are any logs there?

Regards,

AJ

Frequent Visitor
Klaus Zeuge
Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)

Was this issue ever resolved?

(Reading the modern times User forum threads at HP for LoadRunner can be frustrating at times. There are tons and tons of threads where a question or problem is stated, some suggestion or follow up question made and then - nothing. No answer, no follow up answer, nothing. Did it work? Was it all for nought? It's good there are other sources for user discussions but it's not so good it's not as easy to find them as just going here.)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.