Re: Load runner support to thick client (903 Views)
Occasional Visitor
kumrd
Message 1 of 4 (950 Views)

Load runner support to thick client

hi,

One of our application(Thick client ,Client Server application) is developed in .NET Framework that uses WCF service-oriented architecture (including components developed in C# and VB.NET).I would like to know whether load runner can be used for conducting performance test for this application

Thanks

kumrd

HP Expert
Shane_Evans
Message 2 of 4 (934 Views)

Re: Load runner support to thick client

Most likely.

Try the Web Services or Service Test vuser type if you have access to a WSDL. If you do not have access to HP Service Test, you can still build a web services script in Vugen, either using a WSDL or by recording the client application.

Of course the best way to find out is to download the trial and give it a shot. If you are unfamiliar with LoadRunner, you can try using the Protocol Advisor in the File menu under Virtual User Generator (Vugen). The trial can be downloaded at www.hp.com/go/loadrunner

Good luck,

Shane Evans
Product Manager - HP LoadRunner
www.hp.com/go/loadrunner
Trusted Contributor
Percy Bell
Message 3 of 4 (903 Views)

I actually had a conversation with a guy that had this very same issue. I didn't know about WCF but doing a little research on it and LR11, it should be supported with the SOA protocol. Using the Protocol Advisor should let you gain insight to what LR can capture. I believe you can even script a scenario using the VuGen without having a license for the protocol. However, you will only be able to use it in a single user situation as the controller will need to be licensed to drive load with the script.
Occasional Advisor
aguru
Message 4 of 4 (429 Views)

Percy,

Which Protocol did you end up using? Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.