LR says web based application certification is invalid or expired but certificate expired on 2016 (751 Views)
Advisor
BugCollector
Message 1 of 8 (751 Views)

LR says web based application certification is invalid or expired but certificate expired on 2016

Mine is web based application.

If use IE without LR i am able to launch application.

If i use LR, IE says Certification is invalid or expired.

each time when ever i launch application i get this issue.

Verified Cetification is valid and it expired on 2016.

How to avoid certification is invalid message?

Thank You

HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 2 of 8 (744 Views)

Re: LR says web based application certification is invalid or expired but certificate expired on 201

Hi,

Can you let us know what version of Vugen you are using to record and what protocol?

You can see if this fixes your issue:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1329480

Regards,

Mario

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Advisor
BugCollector
Message 3 of 8 (740 Views)

Re: LR says web based application certification is invalid or expired but certificate expired on 201

I am using LR 9.54

Vu gen recording gives certificate is not valid message on IE. Manual launch is ok.

I am not able to view that link.

Valued Contributor
Ajay_U
Message 4 of 8 (717 Views)

Can you try with firefox browser, if the application supports.

Thanks, Ajay

Advisor
vaibhav666
Message 5 of 8 (702 Views)

I am sure the certificate error must only be happening while you are recording the application. During replay the issue wont occur at all and the scripts should work fine.

Not sure how to get rid of this but it should not affect the way scripts work. My guess is that the IE launched thorough LR doesnt contain the certificate store for validation and hence the certificates fail.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Advisor
BugCollector
Message 6 of 8 (696 Views)

Sorry i am using 9.52.

9.52 does not support Firefox. Don't know about LR 11, but i think LR supports only IE.

9.52 does not support IE 8 or 9. We upgraded our browser to IE8. My certificate is valid until 2016. Because of IE 8 i am getting Certification error.

Advisor
BugCollector
Message 7 of 8 (695 Views)

I think they had patch to support IE 8, but my support is expired so i am not able to get patch. Because of no support contract HP does not allow me to browse knowledge base :(.
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 8 of 8 (681 Views)

Hi,

Can you try recording a fresh script?

To capture the HTTPS urls, you would have to map the actual SSL certificate(pem format), along with the correspponding SSL version and Cipher in Load runner.I am able to see that, SSL certificate were not mapped in the recording options, because of which you are unable to record script

Steps to be followed:

• Request SSL certificate from clients.
  • Convert the SSL certificate received from clients .p12(may vary) into pem format, with a unique password using openssl.
  • Go to recording options --> Port mapping-->SSL configuration --> use specified client side certficate( Base64/PEM)
  • Map the SSL certificate (pem format)
  • enter the password, which was used during p12(may vary)-->pem conversion
  • Now, Start recodring the application

To convert p12 to pem, below link would be useful

"https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/ETICS/HowToConvertCertificatesFromP12ToPem"

LR 11 does support Mozilla. Borwser emulation supported "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; BTRS129259; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0"

You can check it go to Run-Time Settings > Browser Emulation > Browser Properties Change > User whatever browser you want to emulate the web calls with. By default it is Use Custom Browser.

Good Luck!!!!  I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Ajay Kumar

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.