Re: LR 11.5 - IDE is sluggish (906 Views)
Occasional Advisor
prabhushankar
Message 1 of 14 (1,073 Views)

LR 11.5 - IDE is sluggish

So the new LR 11.5 IDE looks very good with more stuff , but seems to be very slow on my machines & the machines are pretty powerful at 12 core/ 64 GB RAM servers.

Are there any tweaks or things which i can do to tone down to make the IDE go faster ? takes a long time to run some scripts , switch views ...

thanks

Prabhu

HP Expert
KMadan
Message 2 of 14 (1,047 Views)

Re: LR 11.5 - IDE is sluggish

On a 12 core/64 GB RAM machine, it should be ultra fast as the recommended configuration is 4GB or higher for the best performance.

Madan
Occasional Advisor
prabhushankar
Message 3 of 14 (1,042 Views)

at best way slower than 11.04 ....

HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 4 of 14 (1,039 Views)

Can you provide an example? I know when starts loading intially it loads it takes a while, but after that subsequent loads are quick.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Advisor
prabhushankar
Message 5 of 14 (1,031 Views)

Start a compile takes a while before it shows up that it has done something 5-10 seconds 

launch Run time setting sporadically takes a long time to show up.

Start a script - 10-20 seconds before i see the  view/layout changed ,logs to roll etc

Valued Contributor
Deb_1
Message 6 of 14 (992 Views)

I have update from 11.0 to 11.5 and now I am regretting doing so. 

The Vugen is too slow to work with. Every step in it now takeing at least 10 times more than what it used to be!! 

And specially while opening existing scripts from a local drive or shared path. Some occasion I just stop working on it. 

what's wrong with it ? Do anybosy has any idea of improving it..pls help 

By the way I am using Win XP with 4GB of RAM 

Thanks
Deb
Valued Contributor
Nathan Bramble
Message 7 of 14 (989 Views)

A new service pack, 11.51, was just recently released. I haven't tried it myself yet, but sounds like it could help:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Information-and-News/LoadRunner-11-51-Service-Pack-released/...

HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 8 of 14 (986 Views)

Hi All,

You are correct, there is a severe performance issue in VuGen 11.50 and 11.51 for some customers.

Please review the original thread discussing this issue: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Forum/VUGen-11-5-extremely-slow-on-playback/td-p/585...

We (the LR development team) consider this a critical bug with top priority and it should be resolved in the upcoming patch 11.52 which should be released by the end of April.

What you can currently do is:

1) The first replay may take longer because on the first replay it needs to initialize the runtime environment. Subsequent replays should start much faster. 

2) Disable animated run, we identified it as a bottleneck for the replay process.

3) Use one of the dlls I provided on the other thread (if your problem is with the extended log).

I would really appreciate if you stay in touch with me once patch 11.52 is released to make sure that the slowness is resolved for you. As I previously mentioned, this issue has been raised by several customers and we would like to make sure that the new VuGen performs as expected for all of the affected customers.

Thanks,

Boris.

P.S.

Your machine should more than enough to run VuGen properly (way, way more).

Occasional Visitor
allenq
Message 9 of 14 (951 Views)

Hi Boris,

I'm also having the same problem. The new Vugen is extremely slow compared to 11.04.

It's worth noting it's not just playback, it seems everything is slow, from launching the IDE to opening a scrip, from running a test to opening a dialogue. 

It's ironic a Performance Test tool has severe performance issue with itself. Hope the HP QA team can do a better job.

Thanks

Allen

HP Expert
_Buzzy
Message 10 of 14 (945 Views)

Hi Allen,

As I mentioned in an earlier post the performance issue was identified for some of our users. The performance issue is treated as a critical bug and should be resolved in the upcoming patch. Meanwhile you can use one of the temporary solution I provide.

I know the QA team is going a good job but I am sure you can understand that we cannot cover 100% of the environment-script constellations our users have. As soon as we received the first reports of the performance issue we began a deep investigation of the factors that are causing it.

If you require further assistance or information, please feel free to contact me via the forum or a private message.

Thanks,

Boris

Valued Contributor
Deb_1
Message 11 of 14 (936 Views)

Other than overall slowness in LR 11.5, I had observed two issues which I would like to mention here 

Not able to open the script by directly clicking on the .usr file in the path. It just stuck. So I have to open Vugen first and then open the script from file menu. Does not matter whether script is in shared path or local drive.

Second, sometime I see HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger.exe still running in the background though I have stopped the run. This creates issue as it can not close the GUI (mostly I am using SAP) much after test finished. So I have to kill this manaully to make Vugen available for next run.

I have attched screenshots. 

Not sure if anybody else is getting these issues?

One of the suggestion I got from SAP LR support guy (we have purchased the LR from SAP due to nature of agreement who in turn get support from HP) to disable DEP. I did that and seems it is better now though not completely resolve slowness issues.

Hope HP QA guys will fix slowness issue soon, looking forward to it. 

Thanks
Deb
Valued Contributor
Deb_1
Message 12 of 14 (935 Views)

When 11.52 is expected to available?

Thanks
Deb
Regular Advisor
LoadRunner421
Message 13 of 14 (931 Views)

It says right above "the upcoming patch 11.52 which should be released by the end of April."

Frequent Advisor
JürgenHe
Message 14 of 14 (906 Views)

Yes maybe 11.52 will hopefully. I also made the observation that working with the Editor to create a script. The slowness of the new editor make working with it a real pain. My suggestion for the developers of the new VUGEN they should try to hand wrote an script with the new LR and then they should do the same with the previous version LR 11.04 the opposite it is like night and day. It is interesting to hear that not only I suffers from this.

For me the mostly painful thing is still the replay and the regenerate of a script which took now very long compared to the last version.

Best Regards,

Jürgen

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.